Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Not much happening here??

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
I sure hope some more post start popping up here soon?

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Yea itwas good till end feb . Then everyone must have allot to do on weekends.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I have been doing some light remodeling to a bedroom downstairs for our soon to be new addition. Also, I need to do some yard work now that It's finally getting nice outside up here. But, I still spend some time working on the truck, so I'm sure I'll have some questions as I keep going.

As usual the spring summer internet time is reduced for many.

Even me this year I will be reducing my time on the net .

no more 18/7 time for me.

Any Central Alberta guys that would like to help me in my yard with the heavy work are more than welcome to come visit :)

I always have beer and water on hand

i'm guilty too. it's been great weather here for the last few days and i've been out taking advantage of it. there may be a day i can't soon. grab 'em when i can.

Yes it was 21*C here today.

That's 72*F for you Merkin folk

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
you have all of seven posts and you're saying you've answered everyone's questions? lol j/k here's a question then

how do you adjust the kickdown linkage on a 79 f100 302/c6? it's just not right since i put the motor in and i had to put a 1in spacer under the carb and and.. she NEVER kicks down except by vacuum...

you have all of seven posts and you're saying you've answered everyone's questions? lol j/k here's a question then

how do you adjust the kickdown linkage on a 79 f100 302/c6? it's just not right since i put the motor in and i had to put a 1in spacer under the carb and and.. she NEVER kicks down except by vacuum...

Just messin with you guys. Stock or aftermarket carb?

Connie, You actually have to bend the linkage to adjust it.

Increasing the arc (making the linkage straighter) shifts the trans later

Decreasing the arc shifts it sooner

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
well that seems to have started a fire under some butts
I know its spring time, I am doing the same thing, getting outside, and working
I have a question?
What is the measurement of the stroke/travel of the 351M and 400?
I'm tearing down my 351M/400? that I thought was shot and found out it just has a busted pushrod,
I am keeping the heads to build a cleavor and if it turns out to be a 400 I'll keep the crank and rods too for a stroker kit for the same project

400 - 4" x 4"

351M = 4" x 3.50"

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
yeah it's an edelbrock 1406 on an edelbrock performer 289 intake with the spacer between... so bend it more makes it shift earlier... we must have really straightened it out on accident putting the damn motor in. kept getting caught on everything and cldn't get it to stay out of the way even with bailing twine.... stupid linkage ;-)

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
Dennis I hate to sound like a retard but can you explane that to me?
is that 4''s of travel is a 400
and 3-1/2"s of travel is a 351?
and a 4" piston in both?
Thank you, thank you very much!!!

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
wait around a bit. In june im going to be going home and for a couple of days work on my 67, Block sand it and primer it, just to keep the surface rust down.

Put some steelie 16s on it and cheap tires. Put a freeze plug or two in it. Get it running.

Just got plumb the fuel. slap a freeze plug in it. Put a new pulley on it, put the belt on it, Play with the ignition and start it.

Dennis I hate to sound like a retard but can you explane that to me?
is that 4''s of travel is a 400
and 3-1/2"s of travel is a 351?
and a 4" piston in both?
Thank you, thank you very much!!!

Yep you got it Pontiac

bore and stroke

Bore 4"

Stroke as shown above.

Ford Truck Articles