Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford Cluster Illumination article

Last edited:
They have that...!

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I bought the blue conversion kit and it looks pretty good. I couldn't get a really good picture though.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
i so want that, first i have to get a new cluster pod. only place i have seen that is LMC or is there other places i dont know of?
National Parts Depot also has a lot of LMC-ish type parts.

If it's a stock part, just ask our sponsor Ed! His banner is at the top of the page "FordTruckPartsGuy.com", or you can contact him direct by PMing him:

Click here:
FTF/Parts-Guy

Cluster back.

Do you want a new one or a GREAT experienced one ?

Last edited:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
After several "experienced" ones, I bit the big one and purchased one from Dennis Carpenter. It was not cheap(neither in price or in quality) but it was an exact fit, with no more loose or hanging illumination bulbs.

The reason I ask is up here in Canuckistan due to our climate we have cluster backs that are just like new.

Unfortunately there are subtle differences between them up until 1978....I am now out of all those perfect ones.

I had 10 perfect ones at one time.

Make sure you get one for a 77 as the HI-beam indicator location is important and whether it is for Gauges or Warning lights.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I used a cluster out of an early 80s van I believe. It has a better plastic back. It's only an 85 speedo and has the "square" around the 55 mark. Funny, out of all the pics I have of my project, I didn't take one of the cluster.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts