Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

VIN plate rivets

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Does anyone know where I can find the right size rivets for the VIN plate?

blacksnapon

Staff member
UM..........To prevent ugly problems down the road, let the highway patrol install them. There should be an inspector dedicated to checking VIN numbers. One indicator of a stolen vehicle is VIN plate fasteners.

The people who sell the VIN Plate should have included 2 original style rivets

Bucks - I got four rivets from Marti Auto Works and they look identical to those in M78's picture.

They cost me a whole $8 delivered to my door - probably the cheapest thing I"ve bought for my 78 Crew! lol.

Marti Auto Works
623-935-2558

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Hey thanks guys. I never did get any and kinda forgot where to get any. So Marti auto works it is. Better order some and get my VIN plate attached.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
So, I just went to Marti Auto Works website and ordered them. I did email them first though to make sure and they told me to put in 69 F100-F350 under the VIN Tag order form because they don't have anything listed over 1969. Well, I'll see what I can get. $1.50 a piece. Can't beat that. I've seen some rosette rivets go for over $50 a pair on other websites.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts