Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Wheels and tires

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
I like to use Simple Green on the wheels and tires. It does a great job of getting rid of the nasty brake dust.

Wet the wheel and tire and then spray with the simple green. Let it sit for a minute and then hit it with a tire/wheel brush. Spray the area off thoroughly. When dry apply a good tire dressing to the tire to protect from brake dust until the next wash. YelloThumbUp

simple green rocks. i did not know it would cut brake dust. thaks for the heads up

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Hmmm, I usually use the $7 wash up the street. No, it doesn't get all the brake dust off, but I don't so anything and the white truck is so bright in the sun light you don't notice the brake dust anyway. lol

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
I know alot of people have heard of Schaeffer, they make a product called Citrol, that is absolutly jam up on brake dust, and road oil/tar. It is even safe on clearcoat/paint, at least on my 05 F250 anyway. Used it on the tar/oil since I started working for my current employer, used it the other day on the tar that was on my factory aluminum wheels, without washing them first, and boy did it work well.

For TIRES, I use Westley's Bleche-white. Initially it is designed to clean whitewalls, and that is where I first learned to use it. But it does an AWESOME JOB of de-oxydizing the rubber. I never KNEW my tires could look so BLACK again, even before I applied the protectant.
NOTE: STOP USING a few weeks BEFORE you try to convince the wife you need new tires....

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Bleche-white is what I use on my tires as well. I have found nothing better to get the red/blue clay off the rubber itself.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I use the Bleche white too but I also use it on the fronts of my mirrors my windshield and all the chrome trim including the bumpers and the front grill....makes it alot easier to take off bugs and road grime....

JR

Ford Truck Articles