Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

finally i've been found

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
so i'm seeing some familiar faces... hi to all....

now pass me a beer so i can catch up!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hi Connie!! Glad to have you with us. I'll be your tour guide for today. If you look to your... everywhere... you'll see nutjobs! Enjoy :wavey:

How 'bout some pics of your rig? If you've got one :)

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Welcome . Just a Bunch of nuts looking for a bar .

Hey Connie.....good to see you here also.

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
Welcome, and watch out for Chris, he'll try to pass the Ganja if you're not careful...

i learned the hard way not to mix my poisons...

2271553840025702482S500x500Q85.jpg

here she is...

2123407030025702482S500x500Q85.jpg

this engine's been running since mid january and let me tell you THAT was an ordeal and a half....

http://rides.webshots.com/album/261849733EjDyLN?vhost=rides&start=0

there's the whole album. most of them are pretty recent and show all of the assorted damage... :-(

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562966930HKqfjk?vhost=good-times

and there's ugly truck...

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
You got your engine swapped. How's she runnin'? I helped my youngest son do a similar 302 swap Nov '06 in the old 86. How come it's always winter when they need changed out? Nothin' like trying to wrench with frozen fingers...... 'bout as much fun as summer in TX I imagine.

Good to see you found this place. There's getting to be more familiar faces all the time!

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
yeah the original 302 started ticking like a time bomb and i didn't wanna pull it apart and try to do lifters... i found this one in the nifty thrickel and ended up spending more than three times what i wld have on lifters in the old motor... but... it didn't 100% act like lifters either and i haven't torn it down to see. the other suggestion was spun bearings...

the nifty thrickel find came complete with machine shop receipts from the build and is just a little bit warmer than stock you know. it took a mechanic to get it timed but then i hadn't found the info on the cam yet either to know the damn thing had a 351 firing order on it! *rolling my eyes* since it sat up stored for so long the lifters collapsed and i had to have that done and they used those shallow dish freeze plugs in it (brass but still) and it didn't seat right.. got a little cockeyed in there so i had that replaced and now she runs great. of course that was after the whole flywheel weight ordeal too...

if gas weren't so high i'd be out driving instead of sitting here right now... as it is i've allowed myself enough money each week to go cruise around for no reason other than to cruise and play one night a week. i'm addicted to how she sounds and responds even though she's not as fast as i hope to have her some day... still thinking about taking the original block all the way down and slowly turning it into a stroker but i just don't know when i'll have the money or where i cld even think about doing it....

I'd been wishing there was a site like this for a long time but never did a search. I found a forum that's local to my city and started working my way in there when I got the invite here....

what is it mcdonalds says? i'm loving it!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts