Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ft 330

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
I would like this board to include the FT 330 engines.

These engines were produced and used for medium duty work trucks. Don't know why they were even invented or issued for so long. I thik they ran from '64 to '78.

My 1979 Ford F350 one ton dually, former U-haul truck still has the original 330 HD motor. U-haul had the left-over engines installed in all their '79 truck. The engines code used was Z which is a DSO engine. Engine is a strong, reliable runner, but terrible in gas. I can't seem to wonder if my truck would be more fuel economical and reliable running a 390.?

There was two versions of the 330 engine availlable. The 330 MD which was availlable to the commercial public and the 330 HD which was only produced and availlable on U-haul trucks.

Tyl

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
There was two versions of the 330 engine availlable. The 330 MD which was availlable to the commercial public and the 330 HD which was only produced and availlable on U-haul trucks.
Tyl
Oh boy...here we go again. :argue:

That 330 M/D vs 330 H/D info ain't correct...we've spared over that before.

The 330 M/D was available and was the standard engine in F600 and larger trucks beginning in 1964. The 330 H/D, 361 & 391 were optional.

After 1972, the scenario changed. U-haul F350's used = pick one, a 330 M/D, 330 H/D, 330 X/D.

All these 330's are the same fracatta engine. Ford called 'em 330 M/D's, U-haul refered to them as 330 H/D's and 330 X/D's.

The 330 M/D engine is listed exactly that-a-way in the 1973/79 Ford LIGHT Truck Parts Catalog.

It was used in U-haul F350's and F500's. The F500's are also listed in the LIGHT Truck Parts Catalog.

Last edited:

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
Hi Bill, Ford called iit 330 HD and U-haul called it 330 XD, which is the same

I would think the 330 MD and HD/XD is the same except the HD has the FT361 crank, damper and crank assembly. More webbing also. The MD has the FE 360 crank?

Tyl

Ford Truck Articles