Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gears

Storm

anyone recommend a company for front/rear gearing? I need to get a 6.0L Powerstroke 2004 model up to 4.30 front/rear.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
4.30? I've never heard of that gear ratio... LOL!

Auburn, Yukon... Stock gears are always good too. What gearing do you have now?

EDIT: Just saw a 4.30 gear ratio on Randy's... Weird, I've never heard of it before, didn't know it existed.

Storm

I would recomend factory Ford gears.. I think I looked that gear up once before and it's not cheap.

Kuz do you remember PN? Does Ford have a kit?

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
4.30? I've never heard of that gear ratio... LOL!

Auburn, Yukon... Stock gears are always good too. What gearing do you have now?

EDIT: Just saw a 4.30 gear ratio on Randy's... Weird, I've never heard of it before, didn't know it existed.
I've even seen 5. to 6. for a 10.5" Ford Sterling. You can get crazy low for building a rock crawler.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Ok The rear 3c3z-4209-ca $390 and front f81z-3222-ha $419. Not 100% on the part #'s but they are 4.30 gearsets should come with new pinion bearings and shims. Those are my prices your price may varry. If you give me a VIN # I can be positive on the #'s....

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I've even seen 5. to 6. for a 10.5" Ford Sterling. You can get crazy low for building a rock crawler.
Oh I know you can get real low with the ratio... I've just never heard of that one. Heard of 4.10s and 4.56s but never anything inbetween.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Ford's offered 4.30 behind the V-10, anyway, for a couple years now, I think.

Maybe behind the diesel in the F-450, too. I can't remember the details, but I've seen people post, asking which ratio to go with...

Storm

For a customer of mine.. Not me LOL

Storm

Ok The rear 3c3z-4209-ca $390 and front f81z-3222-ha $419. Not 100% on the part #'s but they are 4.30 gearsets should come with new pinion bearings and shims. Those are my prices your price may varry. If you give me a VIN # I can be positive on the #'s....

Thats for front and rear gear sets? Prices are same as what I get them for as well.. Just want to verify p/n

I dont know anyone with factory 4.30 rear gears with VIN.. This is for a customer who wants to upgrade his diff.

Kep4

Jäger
The 4.30 gears were installed in the Tow Boss Super Duty's and they're all DRW's, both 4x4 and 2x4. I believe 4.10's were an option on SWR's.

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
I'm pretty sure 3.73 was the only available on SRW Diesel superdutys, however starting for '09 they are going to offer the 3.55s for better fuel economy.

The v10 (which uses the same differentials front and rear) was offered with 3.73, 4.10, and 4.30. I think they no longer offer the 3.73, but 4.10 and 4.30 are still available.

Kep4

Jäger
When I ordered my truck in March of '05 it was an option for SRW ( I typed SWR :hammer: ). I don't remember if I didn't choose 4.10's, or something about the options I chose made it unavailable. Thinking about it, and trying to rely on my memory of that detail after 3 years, I don't think it was available for my truck in the configuration I chose... maybe because of 4 wheel drive, maybe because of the 6.0 like you said. That does make sense!

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Thats for front and rear gear sets? Prices are same as what I get them for as well.. Just want to verify p/n

I dont know anyone with factory 4.30 rear gears with VIN.. This is for a customer who wants to upgrade his diff.

Yes front and rear. If I have the VIN for the truck your working on I can verify part #'s are correct for the axle's in the truck..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts