Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Stroker

Michigan
What is needed to turn a 351W into a 393 stroker? Besides the money part lol. Need some info Asap thanks

What is needed to turn a 351W into a 393 stroker? Besides the money part lol. Need some info Asap thanks

Mike, check with Tony as he has 1st hand experience with building a 393.

Michigan
Yea i was hoping he would chime in lol

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
You are best off to buy a kit that will include what you need, Crank, rods pistons, and bearings, I think my 408 stroker kit cost me about $1500, that was with eagle rods and trickflow pistons. Then you'll have to find a machine shop to balance everything for you, I know with my kit I was able to use the factory 5.0 (mustang) balancer and flywheel.. Hope this helps alittle...

Michigan
STOPPIT! Your making me drewl! This question wasnt for me it was for some other guy on another forum. I did however give him the link to this site. lol I wish i was doing a stroker on my truck!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I assume installing a stroker kit would mean I'd have to adjust my air/fuel mixture to be more rich right? I'd love to squeeze in more displacement but if it means a decrease in fuel economy, no thanks :guns:

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I assume installing a stroker kit would mean I'd have to adjust my air/fuel mixture to be more rich right? I'd love to squeeze in more displacement but if it means a decrease in fuel economy, no thanks :guns:

Yes you'd want to increase the fuel so fuel milage would go down, I ran a 800 edelbrock carb on mine, it was a gas hog, but the thing screwed!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts