Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

CB antennas mounted and wired

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Finally found time (and good enough weather) to install the 4' dual whipes on the from fenders...and got it al wired up nice and purdy with hidaway wiring. I ended up running the coax on each side through the gap behind the fenders and trhough the weatehrstripping on the doors up behind the trim with where the radio will be mounted on the ceiling. (if anyone wants pics of this setup just ask)

The truck looks bad arse with the duals, i just have to tighten them down ALOT more before i play too hard, i played around in the yard a bid just to watch em swiiiing, and by the time i was done they were almost unscrewed from the mounts =/ Gotta wrench em down instead of just handtight.

Hopefully will find time this next wekend to install the radio itself on the ceiling.

If anyone is interested i can provide pics and do a write up when im all done..?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well cmon, post up some pics.

You might always wanna use some kind of locking washer on the antennas if they're unscrewing themselves that easily.

Locktite and a wrench should do it. The blue stuff...the red is basically permanent.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Pics will come soon, its dark, cold, and rainy right now.

im not shue how to do that w/a locking washer in this casde because it would interfrear with the signal if anything is between the antena and the lug on the mount.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Locktite and a wrench should do it. The blue stuff...the red is basically permanent.

Beat me to it, thas what i was giung to edit into my last post. i gotta opil em down to so ice dont build upa nd snap thenm

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I thought of using locktite too.. But isn't the antenna conducting it's signal through those threads? I would think that the locktite would act as an insulator...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
im not shue how to do that w/a locking washer in this casde because it would interfrear with the signal if anything is between the antena and the lug on the mount.
Earth to Scott!! Metal is a conductor... Lock washers are made of metal... LOL!

Last edited:
........Washers are made of metal... LOL!

Not all of them. I have seen fiber washers. I have seen plastic washers.

I have even seen a washer and dryer. The case was however made of metal, but had lots of plastic parts. smilietease

I am not sure how they ground. Never thought about that. The last CB I had was in 1989 (or so).

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
My wilson 2000's came with lock washers for the mounts, so I think using them would be fine.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
My wilson 2000's came with lock washers for the mounts, so I think using them would be fine.

The mounts came with lock washers..but my problem is the antennas themselves unscrewing from the lug (or would that be plug? i always mix em up with CB)... washers do no good in this case.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Holy crap I can't figure out what that says
haha i was in the middle if a visit with Mr. Daniels while posting last night.

I gotta oil them down so that ice doesnt build up and snap them from the added weight.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts