Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Anyone with 'Scan Gauge'

Does anyone out there have one of those Scan Gauges in lieu of actual gauges? I am just curious what it tells you considering that the cluster gauges are dumb. Anybody know if the PCM sees real time data on those same parameters? In particular, I wan't to know about the tranny. I have come to realize that I will have to install a real tranny gauge, just been avoiding it to now. I would love to have a full set, just can't justify them. At least until I found out on the other site that the oil pres gauge is fed a reading from the oil pres 'switch' and that is it. Is the water temp the same way as the oil pres gauge? Just fed a signal to go to half and stay there?

Thanks ahead.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Not sure myself, but I went with actual gauges because I don't trust the factory sensors anyway. I consider the factory sensors as back-ups.

I have a scan guage. They are a lot of fun to play with and you can watch several things at once. Whatever you are scanning changes all the time, so I assume its live.

I do not know how accurate they are. They seem ok, but.....I don't have real guages to check them against. I just have the stock ones.

I actually forgot I had it...OOPS! I took it out for some reason and forgot to put it back. I need to put it back tomorrow.

I have One. It displays the info the computer is seeing, it's an lie-o-meter, works ok I use it for tracking mileages.

I have a scan program in my laptop. IT takes real-time data; bought it from obdII.com. Not a lot of tech help, so you gotta kinda know what you're looking at or have a manual from another scanner, tho.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts