Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Anyone Tried This ?? injector cleaning/rebuild

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
i want to rebuild/ clean my injector they have 260K Miles on them with nothing done to them but a few "injector cleaning" liquids run throug the gas tank.

http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/?p=82

is this a kit i can buy ? or where can iget those O Rings and filters?

Often times the chain auto parts stores will stock a 4-pack of o-rings. There are about four sizes so minimal stock covers many, many applications.

I've cleaned injectors myself more or less as described by the article, using an aluminum fuel rail I plucked out of a junkyard, fed by an old EFI fuel pump, also from a junkyard.

The rail I have was off a 4-cyl so I can do four at a time. I stick the fuel pump into a large coffee can and fill with a solvent, apply power, then hold the four injectors over a mudding tray (long, narrow stainless metal tray used by sheet rock guys), then apply power to the injectors with a little circuit I made to pulse them. One can also use a pushbutton and tap it, that works too but it takes a little longer. Obviously, 12V to everything off a power supply. I use an old "big computer" power supply that provides many voltages but the important one (to me) was 12V @ 30A. More than enough for the pump and four injectors.

A friend of mine does one injector at a time, by pushing a rubber fuel hose over the injector's inlet, and uses a small hose clamp to keep it in place. Obviously don't overtighten as the injector's inlet can crack or break.

For a solvent, I use whatever is lying around. Isopropol, acetone, kerosene, etc.

You can also make a matched set this way... by putting the injectors over glass jars, then pulsing them in parallel on and off while feeding them from an old fuel rail. It's better to pulse by a timer circuit for this rather than a pushbutton as you can control pulsewidth this way as well - and looking at the jars you can measure the volume of solvent in each and determine which injectors flow more, or less, then match a set of six or eight for your engine this way. VERY useful for junkyard injectors.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts