Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

95 Cobra

Michigan
Hey all, My buddy bought a 95 Cobra that the 302 was blown up in. So the past owner bought a 351, forged internals, A dispute about if its a roller or flat tappet as of right now, but we will find out in a later date. Ok i need ur ideas. Its in a mustang so be real, he aint going to be driving it in the winter, and not worried about any other things that a carberated motor has. Now i brought up the idea to him to carb the 351, because it doesnt have an intake or anything like that. So ideas? Also what about the computer? Surewhynot how did you do yours? Thanks All

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Its in a mustang so be real, he aint going to be driving it in the winter

I know people (in Maine) who drive modified Mustangs as their winter cars...

Manual trans or auto?

Michigan
5 Speed manual

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Sweet deal, we need pics. :)

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
If it's a manual trans and carb'd, I don't think you need the computer for anything. Pretty sure that's why Tony wound up with the C6- no computer needed to make that work, either.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Surewhynot how did you do yours? Thanks All

It is a pain. You have to change to a different ignition system. I used an HEI conversion dizzy.

You of course need a carb and intake. You may need to modify the throttle cable.

You need to get fuel to the carb. The in tank pump is high pressure and only runs when the computer tells it to. You can rewire it to run when the key is on and put a regulator on it. I just used an aftermarket electric pump.

Then, you have to figure out how to get your stock gages to work. Before I switched to the digital panel I have now, I got my speedo working. I used a pulse generator (speedo sending unit) off a 92 crown vic. It goes into the tranny like a speedo cable would. I wired that into the stock speedometer and then re-calibrated it to read right.

There are a lot of minor things that you will have to work out. It's easy, just requires some thought.

Ford Truck Articles