Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dragstrip Today!! 4-5-08

Michigan
Hey all! Opening day this weekend. Im washin the truck up and heading on over to the local dragstrip. Ive been working part times at a hemi performance shop and im going to meet everyone that ive helped build up there motors. Built a SRT charger with a 6.1 that we are thinking is going to run low 12's high 11's lol. Depends on if he brings his drag radials or not. Its 15 dollars to get in, 5 more dollars to run what you brought. So im bringing the helmet just in case smiliegitrdone

Anywho il get pictures and videos of some interesting things that run. Il post them on here, maby il get a time slip idk lol... Either way, its gonna be a warm 57 degrees, sunny, a perfect day for friends, food, and race fuel! Pretty excited lol. :)

Last edited:
Michigan
Did i swear to much? lol jk. Heading out here shortly... No running my truck, im not able to get a trailer so i can bring my buddys drag radials, and anything over 70 - 75 it starts to shake because of my tires. So im gonna make it look pretty and sit up on the top. lol later all

:post pics:

That is all...

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Only need a helmet if you can run under 14 secs. Not required for over.

Michigan
Ok i went. Bronco stayed put today... There wasnt very many ppl there but this drag strip frowned about MT's running on the strip. So next weekend we might go and il be putting on some regular street tires from my buddys ram. The track sucked today. All winter long with no runs made it slick, the grey srt we was thinking was gonna run 11's 12's ran a constant 13.21 around there. The other magnum didnt show up and we met 2 other SRT's that was stock. I have a couple videos il post when i get to some highspeed internet.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Funny, the ones I go to don't care too much as long as the tires are in good shape. You may get over the speed they're rated for, but not long enough to really worry about it.

Michigan
Naaa i just know i could probably run faster with smaller street tires. Our dragstrip also mad them wear a helmet no matter what they brought. As for the hemis, all of them was running pretty much the same 60 foot times, and the same quarter mile times. The grey SRT did bad because he would spin them all the way through second, and then finally hooked and apparently it didnt matter how hot he got the tires. By the end of the day there was more and more rubber on the track. I bet next weekend they would be able to get good numbers on that car.

Here is the very first time slip, wasnt able to get the last one but he got better and better. And this is his polished and ported intake manifold that he installed after we went through it, it looks gooood.

Bronco lol everyone was sitting on the tailgate and i was standing on the top taking videos. Got some good complements from the mopar crowd lol.

100_3550.jpg

Heres that manifold

100_3547.jpg

Heres the very first run time slip, No burnout, and a dirty track.

100_3544.jpg

Came home and a buddy and i went mud boggin with the fourwheelers lol il start another thread about that one. Had a good time today.

Michigan
Not much going on for the fords today. One guy had a 06 Mustang with a 4.0 in it and he ran 16's to high 15's which i thought was pretty good. Another guy had a 04 mustang with a nitrous kit but didnt take it out (wuss). He had everything stock on that motor except for the nos and a tune and he says he runs low 12's.....

There was a old fox body mustang and a young kid had it and was driving. was all gutted and stuff but his first run was high 15's and with him and his dad tuning the carb they got it to run 13's lol. It ran pretty good. Another fox body but he didnt do much to impress me. 14's all the time or something like that.

There was a Kaytec corvette with the 7.0L, nothing stock about this car, had a monster cam and it was very impressive. I got a pic of it on my phone so il get that posted but he ran low 12's all day.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts