Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Rear Wiper (How To Adjust)???

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
All of a sudden my rear wiper is not fully clearing my rear window? It started after I changed wiper blades, so I changed brands and it still misses at the top and bottom right in the middle of the "sweep".

Is there a way to adjust the arm? Do I just try and "bend" it inward slightly to give/create more pressure on the glass? Could I have knocked something loose just by changing out the wiper blade (I do not think so)???

Thanks,

Jeff

blacksnapon

Staff member
Easiest way is to bend the arm (done a bunch of them)

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Easiest way is to bend the arm (done a bunch of them)

Wow... your even Excursion, rear-wiper repair certified too???

Wow, the ol' hold it with two hands and just bend repair.... I bet that "certificate of being trained" looks good on the wall!!!

Thanks... I thought that might be the thing I need to do... but I figured I better ask in case their was some sort of adjustment... guess not.

Wish me luck......YelloThumbUp

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
You could go with a 30" wiper. That'll fix it. :rofl:

Not on an Excursion.... a 17" is about as big as you can get to fit... that is what I have (stock is 16")... in this case length matters!!!!

Guess I could just get one of my kids to hang out the back and wipe it clean for me every 60 seconds or so!!!

Check out the new injector flash update and PDF file link I just posted in the 6.0L forum.

Make suer you didn't "cant" (sic) the blade mechanism on the splines when you put o the new blade first..

Pivot it up and mke sure it is square on the rotor and push it in all the way...

Jeff, flip that wiper arm back out and check the spring; it should be clean and taut. If it looks bad, you may want to replace the arm or at least the spring. second, shoot the pivot rivet with a little lithium (white) grease, also making sure IT isn't broken.
If you indeed replaced only the rubber and not the blade assembly, it probably just got twisted in the process, as others have said.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Jeff, flip that wiper arm back out and check the spring; it should be clean and taut. If it looks bad, you may want to replace the arm or at least the spring. second, shoot the pivot rivet with a little lithium (white) grease, also making sure IT isn't broken.
If you indeed replaced only the rubber and not the blade assembly, it probably just got twisted in the process, as others have said.

Thanks for the advice... I will go and check (slow afternoon here in KC).

Ford Truck Articles