Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

All lit up..the highlight of my day!

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Just thought id share the highlight of my day with yall...

So i get home today to find a message waiting for me that a buddy needs a set of tires i had in my garage...so gurmbling and complaining i load em up, make my mom get in, and take them to his house. On the way home, waiting to turn left onto the road i live on i slow and stop waiting for a van to get outa the way going the opposite direction. Waiting to turn left ONTO the road that im on is a lifted Z71 chebby with blingin rims, and a flowmaster exhaust who descicdes to rev up at me while im waiting... so he bounces it off the limeter a few times while staring at me...
Im sittin there thinkin' O hell no!
As soon as the van clears i ease into the turn just rolling on idle and as soon as im straightened out i light it up, spin em through second gear and gave that punk a some REAL noise!.. He was still reving, but you couldnt hear a THING over the roar of my truck.

I did get a glare from my mom, and a look of terror from Mrs. Gray working in her garden LOL...

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
HAHA thats great!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hahaha nice work Scott. If I'm not mistaken, your truck looks pretty stock so I could imagine that it gave him a pretty good surprise, lol.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Yep! its even sitting on some crappy AT tires right now...paint aint so good...and the 302 sounds quite(ish) at idle...

But romp the skinny pedal and the inhale through an alchohol soaked filter, and exhale through exhaust cut off after cats (which are both blown out ;) ) will wake the dead!

Well maybe not the dead, but at least the comatose!

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
its even funnier when a guy in a chebby trys to pass you on a main road.. saw him swing out in my mirror so i floored it.. he couldnt pass e if he wanted to, fortunetly enough for him that i was puling away from him so he had room to swing back in

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I had a 89.I bought new set up same as yours. Best 300000 miles I ever drove.
I drag raced it and took on every Import I could.

Good Job. I Hate guys that put load exhaust on truck and all they do is blow hot air. You showed him.

You got big un's to do that with mom in truck . I'm 40 and ,y mom still scares me. :)

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Lol, my mom would throw a fit. She's only gone for one ride in my truck and every time I even laid into just a teeny bit she'd yell at me. :D

Storm

LOL.. Mum isn't allowed to ride with me.. I had some kids on a Friday night piss me off in a Jacked up Chevy Gasser... We were coming out of Taco Bell (was movie night with my family), and he flew by flipping me off.. That was a mistake so I kicked the throttle.. I was doing about 110 down the service road along I35.. Kid almost plowed into a car that cut him off, I ended up slamming on my brakes to stop for a light.. I could see mum looking for her magic brake pedal... I ran out of distance before I could stop the 8,000lb truck so I kicked a lower gear for brake assist and took the yield off lane to the right.. Cut off 3 cars and showed folks that a 8,000lb truck can take a 90* turn at 45 with ease.. More like drifting actually LMAO

She doesn't ride with me anymore.. She said I was dangerous, stupid and a ****king idiot.. hahaha..

But I did stomp the living chit out of the Chevy.. W00t..

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
LOL.. Mum isn't allowed to ride with me..

Somewhere along the line, my mother decided to trust my driving. Implicitly. It's almost absurd...rolling down the interstate at 15 over (me driving), she turns to me and says "I don't understand how you get places so much more quickly than I do; you don't drive fast at all."

Not to mention a little while she was sitting in the back, closer to 30 over...few months later, happened to mention the incident- she never even noticed we were cruisin' fast at all that night...

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Dayum- when my mom was in her prime, I think she'd fly past all of you. Damn that woman was a fast driver. Not zero to 60 fast, just overall fast.

Quick story- in '70 we flew up from Lisbon (Portugal) to Stuttgart to pick up a new Mercedes. Dad hadn't slept well the night before, flight was delayed- long story short, we did the factory tour and pre-flight, then mom took the wheel. Dad gave her careful (and very detailed) instructions on how to break the new car in. You know, old school- 50 mph for the first 100 miles, yada yada.

A few hours later, he's sound asleep and mom's rolling up the autobahn with the speedo hovering around 120 (miles, not km's). It was dark, there was hardly any traffic on the road, but I do believe that's what an S-class peaked out at in those days. Dad wakes up, takes one look at the speedo, and :drop:

"DANG IT, DO YOU KNOW HOW FAST YOU'RE GOING???" "Oh, about 120.... why?"

Dad :headbang:

mom smiliepeelout

me :rofl:

"Well, pull over and let me drive!"

"Are you kidding? We've still got 200 miles to go, it's after 10:00, and if you drive we'll never get there. Just relax."

"But that's not how you break in a new Mercedes!"

"Martin, for god's sake, it's not like we've never bought a new car before. Just go back to sleep, and I'll wake you up when we get closer."

Road trips with those two were a hoot.

Last edited:

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Second quick story. We're headed north for Klamath Falls and just left Sacramento. Old Hwy 99, 2 lanes- I-5 was still under construction. Two semi's in front of us going very slow.... mom following in a '66
Chrysler New Yorker with a 440 under the hood. Nonstop traffic coming south- zero passing opportunities. There's a right-hand 90 degree turn, so she slips into the dirt emergency lane, floors it, and passes both semis in a cloud of dust. Happened so fast dad couldn't even come up with his standard "Holy chitt, what are you doing!!!" remark. :rofl:

He did ask what she would have done if there's been a policeman around. Her answer? "Don't be silly- he couldn't have gotten around the trucks either."

Would you believe she never got a ticket in 47 years of driving?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts