Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Replies and Views

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
maybe if you make multiple posts during the same "View" session it only counts one.

Like if you make a post then see someone else made one while you were typing and you made another post before leaving the thread.

I dunno for sure though.

I guess it depends what constitutes a view.

If you view the thread, make a post, hit submit then get directed back to the thread is that another view or are you still in the same view even though you have technically left (to compose a post) and came back?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I think the views mean UNIQUE views. Meaning only 1 view is possible per user per login session... Thats my take on it...

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Not 1 view per login session. If you make a post and it redirects you back to the thread it is not a new view of the thread. If you leave the thread completly, go spank the monkey (Chris) and then come back and check out the thread again that woul dbe a new view even though you are still on the same login session.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Not 1 view per login session. If you make a post and it redirects you back to the thread it is not a new view of the thread. If you leave the thread completly, go spank the monkey (Chris) and then come back and check out the thread again that woul dbe a new view even though you are still on the same login session.
Are you sure about that?

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Guess I'll have to admit I was wrong about that. Sorry that is the way my forum software works on mine....Course mine is not as advanced as this one.

:flames: :flames: :flames:

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
gimme a minute to logout and see.

Well now I AM confused...I logged completly out of the system and logged back in, viewed this thread left it and then came back and the # of views had not changed even after logging out and back in.

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
gimme a minute to logout and see.

Well now I AM confused...I logged completly out of the system and logged back in, viewed this thread left it and then came back and the # of views had not changed even after logging out and back in.
K so it sounds like it's unique views per IP address. Since you logged out and back in on the same IP address it didn't register. But if I viewed it at home in Davis, then on campus, and then at my moms house, that's 3 views :)

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
u GUYS r rotten !! :)

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
K so it sounds like it's unique views per IP address.

And since very few people have static IP's that could be what causes views to be so high. When I am dormant for a while and my ISP checks my status and sees that, it may every so momentarily boot me from the system and make me reconnect, thus getting a "new" IP address.

hmmm Food for thought.

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I always thought it was a view per each time you viewed the thread. Meaning that if I went to another thread and came back it'd be another view.. guess not.

i'm pretty sure it doesn't count unique views

i've also seen 1 reply - 0 views

i think you can see the same thread multiple times on the same session from the same IP and have it count as a view. there could be some limit - like it won't count twice if it's within 2 minutes, or something like that

Ford Truck Articles