Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

turn signal problems

I'm new here but did use the search feature for an answer to a problem I'm having with my F250/4W/6.7 Powerstroke pickup.

The drivers side front, rear and side mirror turn signals work just fine.

The passenger side is acting up however. Earlier today when the lever was moved to signal a right turn the dash blinker went into double time along with the front and side mirror but both the right and left rear lights came on like the headlights were on. Now tonight the dash, front and side mirror still are in double time but neither rear light comes on at all.

I did check the r rear bulb and both filaments look to be intact. Checked the fuses and found no problem there.

I do pull trailers with lights and brakes. The truck trailer hookups are completely stock.

I appreciate any advice offered, especially the good kind.
Don Farmer

blacksnapon

Staff member
I'm new here but did use the search feature for an answer to a problem I'm having with my F250/4W/6.7 Powerstroke pickup.

The drivers side front, rear and side mirror turn signals work just fine.

The passenger side is acting up however. Earlier today when the lever was moved to signal a right turn the dash blinker went into double time along with the front and side mirror but both the right and left rear lights came on like the headlights were on. Now tonight the dash, front and side mirror still are in double time but neither rear light comes on at all.

I did check the r rear bulb and both filaments look to be intact. Checked the fuses and found no problem there.

I do pull trailers with lights and brakes. The truck trailer hookups are completely stock.

I appreciate any advice offered, especially the good kind.
Don Farmer
Sounds like rr bulb or socket shorting across to taillight side. Its going to take careful examination to see the problem.

Sounds like rr bulb or socket shorting across to taillight side. Its going to take careful examination to see the problem.

Thanks! It was acting like a faulty bulb from the good old days but the bulb look looked fine. Plugged a new bulb in and it started working fine.

This was the first time I got into the cab fuse box and the underhood box, WOW, Ford has certainly found the way to fill every single square inch of this machine with wired mystery.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Thanks! It was acting like a faulty bulb from the good old days but the bulb look looked fine. Plugged a new bulb in and it started working fine.

This was the first time I got into the cab fuse box and the underhood box, WOW, Ford has certainly found the way to fill every single square inch of this machine with wired mystery.
Vibration can make one of the filaments short over to the other filament causing this kind of problem. It will still look like its ok,

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts