Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Awesome 3G Alt Writup!

Michigan
Found an awesome write up on another forum, but will it be ok if i can share it here? Should i get the writers permission? Dont wanna get anyone or myself in trouble..

I don't know the legalities on the internet (will let others answer that part), but you could invite the person to join us and post it him/herself.

Michigan
yea but if the PM's arent private on that site then i could get banned to. Il just PM and ask him if i could copy the link to another forum.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Mike you're free to post the link on here. Whatever he has posted is PUBLIC DOMAIN and you're free to show anyone you want. On the other hand, you are NOT allowed to copy his writing/photographs/drawings and claim them as your own. Although I can't image you'd ever get caught anyways. Just post up the link to his article; as long as he's getting credit for his work there is no problem.

Michigan
Il let you suffer a bit... lol jk oooooooo..... ok i guess

Michigan
So do I! but its the 95 amp one, see i learned that in this writeup right HERE

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
3G here as well , just recently had to buy a new one from the dealer , old one went bad so I couldn't wait and had to have it that day, If could have waited I would have bought one from that site you posted, the 160 amp one.

Michigan
Ok now i have a question. I can go to autozone rite, say i need an alternator from a 97-03 V6 Econoline E-Series or F-150 and that one is the 160 Amp 3G? Then just get 2 guage starter cables? Enlighten me!

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I'd be happy if you posted it up, I'm going to need to upgrade to the 3G. After I hook up my electric fan, since I already have a pounding system suckin' the juice. :D

Last edited:
Michigan
Its posted dude lol check er out!

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
very informative. I got My 3g 160 for free . Out of new Transport (ambulance) van They got a bigger one installed .

Michigan
Yes im going to call and see how much a new Alt for a E series van is from autozone. Especially if i can bring my 95 in for a core lol

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts