Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

EGR Valve

I asked this on "the other forum" and got harrased cause i didnt pull codes for a while. Anyways, i pulled the codes from my engine cause it was throwing the CEL, and still is. I got a code 33.

Are EGR valves expensive? where can i get one? any suggestions?

go figure, i thought AutoZome wouldnt have stuff like this, so its the only place i hadnt checked.. thanks tom

yea, i'm sure other places carry them, but autozone just has a nice site to find products and have the prices at the local store.

good luck

I asked this on "the other forum" and got harrased cause i didnt pull codes for a while. Anyways, i pulled the codes from my engine cause it was throwing the CEL, and still is. I got a code 33.

Are EGR valves expensive? where can i get one? any suggestions?
Most of the time this is not the EGR valve.
You need to check the vacuum hoses, the sensor on top of the valve and the solenoid and wiring to it from the EEC Computer.

About the only thing that can go bad with the valve to cause this is a broken diaphragm.

If it is dirty most of the time it will not close and this is a different code.

Most of the time this is not the EGR valve.
You need to check the vacuum hoses, the sensor on top of the valve and the solenoid and wiring to it from the EEC Computer.

About the only thing that can go bad with the valve to cause this is a broken diaphragm.

If it is dirty most of the time it will not close and this is a different code.

mines stuck closed though. Which leads me to believe its the valve its self. Also talked to a guy from York Ford he said i needed a new valve and told me how to do it

mines stuck closed though. Which leads me to believe its the valve its self. Also talked to a guy from York Ford he said i needed a new valve and told me how to do it
Put your hand vacuum pump on it and if it opens at 6 in of vacuum or less it is OK.

any details on that? im not following you

any details on that? im not following you
The EGR valve should start to open when you put 6 inches of vacuum on the nipple on top of the valve.
You can buy a hand vacuum pump at any auto parts store and some of them will even loan you one.
If you can not see it open you can always put your ohmmeter in the sensor and check it while you pump.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts