Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

i want these white gauges

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992...ryZ43952QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

RIG-664.jpg

i've got white-faced autometer gauges going up the pillar (to be installed someday). i think these gauge covers would look good with a red autometer gauges.

here's the generic installation instructions

i thought you just dropped these "filters" over the front of my gauges and called it quits. this makes me think there's more work and electrical stuff makes me nervous.
Wires Connection: Power and ground leads are hardwired to the power inverter (black box). The power lead (red wire), which has an in-line 1-amp fuse, should be connected to your vehicle's dash lights power wire or cigarette lighter power wire. While the ground lead (black wire) should be connected to an existing ground wire or any clean metal surface.
# 2-pin female connectors are hardwired to the power inverter. Connect each gauge overlay to these connectors.

Power Inverter, Dimming Switch or On/Off Switch Mounting: (If comes with the kit) Using the supplied self-adhesive foam pad, you can mount the power inverter and dimming switch or on/off switch on any flat surface. Each kit comes with either Dimming Switch or On/Off Switch, but not both.

any other thoughts before i buy?

im interested in the responses you get tomtoc because i wanted these gauges too. i didn't realize there was wiring to be done, i figured you would just drop them in too. the reason i didn't get them because i thought my mileage would still stay green at night. take a look at the second pic, the mileage is blacked out. does anyone know if that stays green or is blue?

the reason i didn't get them because i thought my mileage would still stay green at night. take a look at the second pic, the mileage is blacked out.
good catch. from the pics i assume it stays green too. not a deal breaker for me still

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
good catch. from the pics i assume it stays green too. not a deal breaker for me still

Look at it. someone back lit it with a flash light. Notice theres not needles in the pics?

Look at it. someone back lit it with a flash light. Notice theres not needles in the pics?
right i knew it wasn't in the truck. i think we were saying that it can't change the lighting of the ENTIRE cluster b/c it doesn't change the mileage. so you have blue/white gauges with a green odometer

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
It does look pretty fancy at night but the white faces just wouldn't like right in my truck in the daytime...

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
They too fancy for these trucks, if it was black during the day then like that at night ,that would be something I'd be interested in.

well i still like them - i'll think on it a day or two and let you guys know what i decide.

what do you guys think about the electrical stuff (see my first post). is it just a "filter" or is there something else to be hooked up?

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
it looks like a color cover...but i dont know really.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
No I'm pretty sure there are electrical connections. In the dark picture there are lights and colors showing through that DON'T exist on the stock gage... Couldnt just be an overlay.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
the bulbs behind the dash are clear. Your stock guages appear green because the light goes through a green filter...

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Not really my thing personally. I like the eerie green glow of the stock cluster. Reminds me of Christine. :D

Christine I saw that movie 12 times . Cool .

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
i love that movie....

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
At the drivein that tell you how old I am

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
The white one I saw at local custom shop were just overlays . The stock lights made them glow. But the covers went around gauges so you'd have to pop needles. ???? I like the stocker

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts