Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Seafoam Day Today!!!

Michigan
Yea that was my cousin hahaha! I laughed when i heard that to lol no noticable improvements yet, didnt drive it enough..

Last edited:

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I've been debating trying seafoam for quite a while, I've always been hesitant but I haven't heard any horror stories. Maybe I should give it a go. Hmmm. How much did you use? Did you add it the traditional way?

Michigan
Yea right through the vacuum hose going to the brake booster. Make sure you pump your brakes up a bit before you deside to take off, might not have any for a while... Il share if i see any differences, smoother idle so far, im hoping for some better mileage.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I used it all time . But i did it on my 94 and 2 days later a tap settled in that never left. But heck it cleans things up.

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
How often can you Seafoam?
Did Mine like 15K ago
Mike , when I did mine I didn't get hardly no smoke at all , but it did idle a bit better and has some throttle respond that it didn't have before. I am not one for snake oil's but in this case I think it actually helps.

Michigan
yea mine started smoking as i was putting it in. I let it sit for 15 minutes and started it up, idle was very rough then it went down and it was soo smooth. It was also a warmer day, today was much cooler and it was kinda shakey again. It was very windy and a hard day to really see any differences. I was babying it all the way to and fro school and i bet i didnt take it above 2 thousand RPM's the whole 2 hour round trip.

Michigan
Also had one kid that said a couple weeks prior how bad ford sucked under my truck while it was in the air saying nothing but praise about it.... Im like dude? U dont like ford, hes like well i like broncos.. lol riiiiittteeee I was lookin at my exhaust system because it was the first time i really had it way up like that, and im impressed on how good the exhaust shop did! Also i was surprised all the snow was gone from under it because of snowboggin that sunday haha

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts