Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

ABS light and brakes pulse

Hello, I am new here so i hope im posting to the right thread but under a year ago i installed new front rotors and pads on my 2004 F250 and about 3 months ago randomly my ABS light would come on and sometimes the brakes would pulse. Not bad at first but now the ABS light is on all the time and when i push the brakes they pulse really bad. This is frustrating, I have worked on my own vehicles my whole life and the newer they get the harder they are to figure out since i dont have the proper diagnostic tools, I understand these industry changes because i work for a John Deere dealer. My truck only has 46,000 miles on it and i have had a buddy hook his snap on scanner to it and there are no DTC's with this ABS light to tell me which sensor is causing the issue or if it is a ABS controller. Anyone with a good place to start testing would be helpful. Thank You :headbang:

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
My Town Car had a bad sensor on the front left.
I cleaned the other three after I made the repair, and so far all is good

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
You may also want to clean any rust off the toner ring on the back of the rotor too. Many times, rust gets on there, and causes a false reading for the sensor

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts