Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Buzz's very first ride

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Finnaly found these photo's of my first car a 1968 Ford Falcon Futura,Sport Coupe...learned the ropes of body and paint as this car was a basket case body wise..but the 289/C-4 Combo ran like a a banshee...the car was given to me by Mr Ed Huth A work Collegue of my fathers...he bought the car new,drove it daily till the fenders damn near fell off..litterally..when i got the car they looked like swiss cheese and the headlights were held in by coat hangers...the doors were solid,qaurters were fabricated with chimney type sheet metal..and coathangers to form the wheel lip along with fiberglass and bondo to bring back contour lines..lol well it worked..dad ordered new front fenders for it and we worked on her over the summer of 78,the car was painted by dad and i in August of 78.ready for my jr yr of high school...the kids thought it was a total differant machine as they seen it before it was done...when i showed it to Mr Huth after it was done He broke down in tears literlally. :) i drove the car through 1980 then it was hit behind the drivers door and all my work was toast lost my butt and intrest in it and sold it as it was...

68_ford_Falcon_001.JPG

The color " competition blue"

68_ford_Falcon_002.JPG

68_ford_Falcon_003.JPG

smilieFordlogo

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
My first ride was a 69 Falcon, straight 6 and three speed column. :)

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Very cool Ken!!! I had alot of fun with that car....Learned alot also from the experience...:)

The worst part was not being able to downshift into first without first coming to a COMPLETE stop....made a ton of rolling stops in 2nd gear!

First gear also was geared way too high......imo for just getting going. That old straight six did awesome on the highway at 70 mph in 3rd gear!

BuzzGun79

Ken i can recall how those 3 speed trans worked....they werent syncronized very well back then. as far as the six a damn good engine....as for mine it was 289 /C-4 with stock gears...I can recall several occasions street racing a couple of my buds after school on several occasions...got beat by a 6 cylinder Gremlin light to light and a 68 buick skylark with a 250 6..lol but yet i would take out 283's and 350 olds like nothing...go figure..lol oh those were the days...hehe theres alot more for i really put that car threw its paces...broken motor mts by reverse slams...lauched it over a bridge one night after work..that took out the front coils springs..lol crazy times...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Cool pics and memories Bob!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ken i can recall how those 3 speed trans worked....they werent syncronized very well back then. as far as the six a damn good engine....as for mine it was 289 /C-4 with stock gears...I can recall several occasions street racing a couple of my buds after school on several occasions...got beat by a 6 cylinder Gremlin light to light and a 68 buick skylark with a 250 6..lol but yet i would take out 283's and 350 olds like nothing...go figure..lol oh those were the days...hehe theres alot more for i really put that car threw its paces...broken motor mts by reverse slams...lauched it over a bridge one night after work..that took out the front coils springs..lol crazy times...

Hahahaha.....hearing those stories are just great!!! Man, I can almost picture myself right there too......not sure vehicles today could take that kind of abuse, eh?

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Great story. My first was a Ford maverick that my uncle gave me when he was relocated to CA. I beat that car and it took everything I gave it.

Ken there is no way today's cars could hold up like the old cars did.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Great story. My first was a Ford maverick that my uncle gave me when he was relocated to CA. I beat that car and it took everything I gave it.

Ken there is no way today's cars could hold up like the old cars did.

Haha....that's kinda what I thought.

I was watching an episode of fast and loud last night and the guy was repairing dents in a 67 Galaxy by just heating up the metal with a blow torch and said you can't do that with today's vehicles because the metal is way too thin.

BuzzGun79

Glad you guys enjoyed the ride down memeory lane....maybe just a few of todays rides could take that kind of punishment that i can think of....but their way out of MY League so to speak...lol

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts