Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Can I pull these off?

I am working a deal on the truck pictured below. I have walked out on them twice already and they called and said that they can do the deal that I want, we will see tommorrow. If they can, the first thing I would like to do to the truck is pull off those awful chrome accents on the tailgate/door handles and gas tank. The ones on the fenders dont bother me, they just look stupid on the handles. Any suggestions on getting them off?
T53925_5.jpg

T53925_1.jpg

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Are they full replacement pieces or just stuck on with tape or whatever?

Obviously if they are replacements then just buy the stock ones and replace them.

If they are stuck on I have had good luck with bug/tar remover for getting sticky stuff off. followed by a good waxing

Walked on a couple other things already, this is something I am willing to deal with on my own, they are just stuck on, after all. If everything works out tomorrow, with the friends I have made at that dealership, I will be peeling them off by myself LOL. What I have been walking out for is dealing with price, I would also walk for major cosmetic stuff, but if the truck was way messed up, I wouldnt even have looked at it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. Ended up taking truck home today and the wife actually likes the chrome pieces. Oh well, it is her truck so i am just going to have to deal with them.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I certainly wouldn't put them on that truck, but I'm not sure I'd work too hard to take 'em off, either.

So you've got two black trucks, now? Dang... I'm about 1200 miles north of you, and black would be a hard sell because it gets too warm in the summer. No way I'd want one if I lived down in LA...

Nice truck!

My little brother traded in his Chebby on an 08 STX yesterday. Here are a couple pics, poor quality taken from phone right after test drive:

080322_115057.jpg

080322_115048.jpg

080322_114907.jpg

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
If Tony had posted a thread entitled "Can I Pull These Off", NO ONE would have looked for fear!!

I have been trying to get him to, but he is one of these WOW addicts. He said he would check it out but he is working right now and you know, that takes time away from his game, he has to protect his palace when he gets home so that he dosent get butt raped or something. Geez, I never understood how a game could be that important, seems that every time he logs on to the internet he cant help himself.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts