Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

6.Oh YES!!

Kep4

Jäger
Towed my Weekend Warrior 28" toy hauler to California City up the 15 Fwy on President's Day weekend.

My truck and Power Stroke Diesel ran perfectly the entire trip. No puking, no hiccups, no drama, etc. It just pulled like the freakin torquemonster that it is. Passed multiple LMM Durapads over the grade. My buddy and I did a high speed run up Randsburg Road with no issues.

Got home and the coolant level is exactly where it's supposed to be.

This 6.0 is one helluva engine if you treat it right and massage it where necessary.

Nuff said.....smiliegitrdone :)

blacksnapon

Staff member
I like hearing those favorable stories.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
I still think that a coolant filter that keeps the motor and EGR coolers clean is so key. I have seen some new photos of people getting a lot of stuff out of their motors after multiple coolant filter installs, that there is no way any Int'l made motor could operate as designed!!!

I think that with clogged passages, this is what causes "high pressures" and poor performance. SOme have good luck and others have bad... but with proper oil, clean coolant and the proper use of oil and tranny filters... there are more good 6.0L motors out there than bad ones.

I am glad I own a 6.0L versus the 6.4L....

1) Less to go wrong (only 1 turbo and the like).

2) I can use any diesel fuel, not just ULSD.

3) Do not have to worry about regens and the extra fuel it uses.

4) Do not have to worry about buying a new particulate filter after 100,000 or so (dam, they are expensive).

5) And I am sure there are more...but for now, my '03 Excursion with a 6.0L is a collectors truck as the Excuresion is no longer made and is a great vehicle!!!
smiliegitrdone

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
But Beach, you gotta admit, that flame thrower thing is pretty dang cool!!

Cool yes.. but not within my budget.

Now, if someone else is paying for my fuel... then bring it on... but when diesel fuel is higher than gas and extra fuel is required (flames or not)... I will stick with my 6.0L any day of the week.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts