Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hello new guy here

Hello all,

Let me start with a little about myself. Mt name is Sam and Im from Washington State. Im a Marine combat vet that lives and breaths everything ford. I currently work in the security line of work. im 28 years old and love what i do...anyway enough of the blah, blah, blah...lol

I just bought a 65 4x4 f-250/350 as a project. It needs alot of love and this is my first truck of this year and I know very little about it. Here is what I know

I know it has/had an inline 6 maybe a 300ci? It also had a 3 speed on the colume that is now missing. It also has some unknown divorced transfer case and PTO powered winch. It is a 8 foot step side. standerd cab.

I will post pics as soon as I can I have not even got it home yet but Im looking forward to getting this old girl back on the road.

Thanks for the help

Sam

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Welcome to FTF, that looks like a pretty solid truck to start with smilieFordlogo

That looks like a great project. Good luck with it and keep us updated as you go along.. Welcome to FTF.!

Have you been using your shed for practice with an anti-aircraft gun.?

the building behind the truck was shot up by the previous occupant with a shot gun. that happened before we bought the property. taking it down is on my summer to do list this year. it is a big time hazard and a bigger eye sore.

so i decided to remove the drive lines to ease moving the old girl around and I thought i would show you all what they looked liked :headbang: :icon_mecker:

Last edited:
my guess is they were not very careful with the forklift at the where I bought it

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Nice truck! Shame about the driveshafts but I agree with Mark. Hopefully the splines aren't worn out, but they make more of those too.

The engine code on your vin (4th character - F25 B or J) should tell you what was there originally. If I remember right, code B was the 300 and code J was the 240.

Thanks for the info unfortunately the splines are bent on the rear shaft the front might be savagable.

Also im haveing a hard time finding the original vin the vin plate on the door is not to my truck

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts