Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Here's an idea!

I own a couple of campsites in a gated campground in mound city, KS.

comunitat1.jpg

comunitat4.jpg

comunitat7.jpg

comunitat5.jpg

This area has three lakes... ok, one is a pond (less than 10 acres).
There is fishing, boating and swimming, as long as we obey the daypart rules, like no powerboating before 10 am and such.
I never mentioned this on the other site because I didn't necessarily want to issue a "cart blanche" invitation as this place DOES have rules. But I can see most all of us are good people and I don't think there's too much a chance any one on here would likely get into an altercation with a local:blah: So I was thinking of a weekend get-together here, possibly in april or may. It is located just outside of mound city kansas, about 90 miles from either joplin or kansas city (about halfway between the two).
I need to check the calendar so we don't overlap another event.
There is power on my lots, showers at two shower houses/bathrooms, and a nice public area by one of the lakes. with grills and such... there is a community pavillion should we need it too.
So what do you think? any ideas?

How's the fishing and what would we need showers for? :rofl:
The lakes are stocked, fishing has been EXCELLENT since it doesn't get overfished. There are covered docks, boat ramps, handicapped docks too. Trout, lake Cat, bass... and since it is private, no licensing.

as for why we'd need showers... well originally I thought of folks bathing, camping overnight, that kind of thing... but if Todd comes we can throw him straight into one...heels and all.

Sounds good to me and I was being sarcastic about the shower. YelloThumbUp
Well I was being sarcastic too; Even about throwing Todd in!!!

Yeah right...

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Ya gotta catch me first!! Looks sweet. I should have my new tires and wheels before then. :) Nitto Terra Grapplers. GOOD off-roadin' tires. I'll bring a WaveRunner too. They're sooooo much fun when you first wakeup around 6 or 6:30am too. And after running it, we can have a truck pull between CodySchmoe and me. Say about 8am? Oh yeah. What a blast we'll have!!

Ya gotta catch me first!! Looks sweet. I should have my new tires and wheels before then. :) Nitto Terra Grapplers. GOOD off-roadin' tires. I'll bring a WaveRunner too. They're sooooo much fun when you first wakeup around 6 or 6:30am too. And after running it, we can have a truck pull between CodySchmoe and me. Say about 8am? Oh yeah. What a blast we'll have!!
Looks like a good location to put your parasail boat for a day with FTF!!! You know,...take Tom for a complimentary tour...:rofl:

Looks like a good location to put your parasail boat for a day with FTF!!! You know,...take Tom for a complimentary tour...:rofl:
I have this close relationship with Terra Firma that I have no intention of straying from!
6:30 is still a tad early for waverunners... no motors til after 10, I believe. have to double check that. but the regs are there for the fishermen to have their quiet time too, ya know.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I have this close relationship with Terra Firma that I have no intention of straying from!
6:30 is still a tad early for waverunners... no motors til after 10, I believe. have to double check that. but the regs are there for the fishermen to have their quiet time too, ya know.
If they can't catch a freakin' fish while others are out havin' fun, then that's their problem!! :rofl:

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Cool....

I'll bring my waverunner and leave the wife and kids at home.

I will bring the dog... at least she listens to me!!!!

I do not fish... but I can drink with the best of them!!!

Yeah, you two hook the back of my WaveRunner and then you can do some barefoot skiing! That'd be awesome!!
We were thinking of REAL fish, Todd, not just that SMELLED like fish, but actually have something to contribute to the food chain...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts