Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Future rust area?

I was suprised to see all the road grime that builds up on the bottom inside of the doors on my truck. I haven't seen a gen 11 with any rust issues, but this looks like a likely place.
047.jpg

This is what my truck looks like after two weeks of driving. Now that the snow is melting its going to be like this until April.
046.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
We get the same sort of build up on the 05 and the Lincoln...we try to keep it washed.
The big melt is starting...I think you guys have had it worse than out here.
We seem to be getting a good dump followed by the melt...then it repeats..:hammer:

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
What is used on your roads up there to melt ice & snow...here it is a salt/calacium mix and in about 5yrs time our vehicles start paying the price for it.even with care.Rustproofing/undercoating does protect and slow the deterioration down a great deal....but it has to be done when the vehicle is either new or no rust or scale present behind the panels for it to bond & protect correctly.

Last edited:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Yep its a dumb set up on the doors I get tired of getting mud all over getting out . But most rides Are built like this now

But cab corners rocker panels , wheel arches cross-members are the normal repair on a 05 truck here . Keep it clean and oiled/undercoated

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
My 03 Ranger is already trying to rust out at the bottom of the driver's door. Nobody every cleaned the drains out, and they were blocked by dirt. My truck has been in Florida for all of it's life.

I wait for one good rain fall in the spring to really give the truck a good wash. In my mind the rain should wash most of the leftover salt away. I'm not sure if I'm going to oil gaurd or Rust Check.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts