Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

AODE Trans Temp Gauge

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Hey all...I'm looking for a tranny temp gauge and setup for my truck...problem is I have an AODE and I have yet to find one or a location to mount it on my trans(it doesn't help I'm infamiliar with it either)anyways...any and all help is appreciated in this endeavor...thanks guys.

JR

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hey all...I'm looking for a tranny temp gauge and setup for my truck...problem is I have an AODE and I have yet to find one or a location to mount it on my trans(it doesn't help I'm infamiliar with it either)anyways...any and all help is appreciated in this endeavor...thanks guys.

JR
I'm not familiar with the AODE but there should be a pressure test port on it somewhere that gives pretty accurate temp readings, thats where I put it on my e4od. If you can't find a pressure test port you can always buy a fluid manifold and put the sensor inline on one of your cooler lines. I bought one of those thinking that was the setup I was going to use and ended up not needing it. I've still got the danged thing if you wanna buy it, cost me a pretty penny. It's Auto Meter... Good quality ;)
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ATM-2287&N=700+115&autoview=sku

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Basically what it does is, you snip about a 2" piece of cooler line off of one of the lines (the middle of it, not at an end), then you put those threaded fittings on each side end of the line that you snipped, then you thread the fittings into that block. Then there's a THIRD threaded hole in the block for your temp sensor to screw in. So when the fluid leaves or enters your tranny (depends on which line you use) it will go THROUGH the block and past your temp sensor ;)

Interesting. Most of them that I have seen went in the pan. Usually an aftermarket deeper pan.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
The temp sensor will come with the gauge that you buy. I'm pretty sure all the temp sensors are a universal fit, but you might wanna go with an Auto Meter gauge just to be sure you've got the correct fit for that manifold (assuming you want to use the manifold). Plus Auto Meters are the best anyways :D

If I could find a 4wd AODE pan I'd happily swap it out...gimme more fluid anyways.

JR

Go here:

http://www.yourcovers.com/

They have them for your transmission in the stock and deep versions. I think the deep one is for a 4X4, but check with them first.

A lot of people on the explorer forum use that brand for explorers, rangers, and BIIs.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
If you get a deep pan make sure to also get the deep pan filter with the longer pickup tube or you'll only be sucking fluid from the surface ;)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Holy crap Brain those pans are expensive!

Junior if you want a cheap alternative for a deep pan you can buy the Derale cooler pan like I've got. They're not really precision manufactured and super high quality but they're around $80, they don't leak, they add fluid capacity, they add a drain plug, and they've got coolings tubes to help keep fluid cool ;) I'm very satisfied with mine.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Sorry Junior, nevermind about the Derale pan. They don't make one for your trans.

But hey! I just remembered I've still got my old stock 4x4 pan. You interested in buying it? lol

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
"Welcome to Chris' Parts Pawn Place, Ive got stuff to sell....want this bell?"smilietease smiliestirthepot

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
LOL thanks for the link Brian...Chris...{deleted as not to piss off or insult anyone}.....Autometer IS the way to go.......I need to get 3 new ones for my pillar anyways...the ones in there now are kinda beat up......Thanks

JR

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
LOL thanks for the link Brian...Chris...why would I want your pan...it won't even work.....Autometer IS the way to go.......I need to get 3 new ones for my pillar anyways...the ones in there now are kinda beat up......Thanks

JR
Well you said you wouldn't mind having the extra ATF capacity so I just figured I'd offer. You could take it for next to nothing. Jerk.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts