Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

need help!!

okay guys your my only help now-I've got an 1988 f150 5.8 good motor and trans-160k-frame rusted and cracked- bought a 1987 f150 5.0 great body and frame -and a 1994 f150 5.0-e4od trans -trans is burned up-but it's got nice rims and a nice lift kit-going for a frankentruck-will the lift off the 94 work on the 87?? motor I know will work from the 88 to 87-got to change puters-rims okay on that what else?? should I swap out to my frankentruck??not sure on rears yet!!uh skyjacker lift kit,will 94 work on 87?? I want to put 5.8 in it-e4od is toast so it's out!!any suggestions???got well over 2 grand in the 2 later trucks-the 88was 16K when i bought it-need suggestions!!! FTF rules!!!!

With a project like this, the lift would be the LAST thing on my mind. Getting everything else to work right would be my priority. If the E4OD is toast, what tranny will you use? Be carefull which trans you put behind the 5.8...ie DON'T put an AOD behind it, I hear that it won't handle the torque from the 5.8 without some serious work done to it. If you have a C6, go for it. If you end up using an AOD, then use the 5.0. You probably have 8.8 rears, so no need to worry there, they will work fine with either motor. Just make sure that the engine matches the engine management system and use the right harness and sensors for the computer in use.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Like eco said . Gether running first. But the lift will work frames r same from rad support back 80-96

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Good luck any way

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts