Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Anyone with Long Tubes?

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I got a 95 F350 as in my sig. I have Flowtech long tubes on it right now. The drivers side hits the trans pan. I had to cut the flange so it wouldnt rest on the pan and rub a hole in it. Im trying to find someone that has long tubes on a 5.8L E4OD 4x4 truck, that does not hit the trans pan. I did try to heat the header tubes up and bend it out of the way, but I couldnt heat all 4 of them at once with 1 torch. So before I get mad and decide to change the whole exhaust with shortys and remake a y pipe id like some input. Thanks Guys/Girls?

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I have hedman long tubes on the 393w in my 94 F150. They don't hit anything, but I have to take one loose to get the starter off.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Do you have the same trans and 4x4? Do you have the headman part number by any chance?

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Chris has the same ones as me. He didnt put them on lol. Something about emissions. Who needs that?

You could always have a set of headers made. They would need either the vehicle (best option) or a sample. If you have the headers that are OK except for one spot, they could fab a new set and adjust the trouble spot as needed.

The one place I would trust with this project is Stainless Works.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I think its something with the E4OD. Eco, truck aint that nice to go get some made lol. If anything ill just deal with it longer lol.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
How much does that usually run? If anything id fix mine 1st. Im sure I could cut the tubes and then reweld it back together where I want it to be.

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
The difference that I saw between the Hedman and Flowtech is the Hedman are 14 gauge and the Flowtech are 18 gauge, pretty big difference , but so is the price.

Mike

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Ill have to order another set some day. When my swap meet comes around I will look for some there. If anything I can get some mustang shorties for like 20 bucks.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
For some reason I thought you had a 460...I don't know why.....If Skan will sell me his long tubes for a good price I'll GIVE you my shorties.....

JR

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I gess ill tell skan to give you a good price or I wont pick up when he calls when he gets stuck with shift kit. Lol.

anybody know if headers off a 302 will fit the 351w- I know the block is wider at the heads-or so I have heard-got a set on the 94 and would like to put them on the 351w-I will probably have to custom the exhaust :)

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
They will fit, as the heads are the same, but if they hit anything or if the bends are right i cant tell ya. Can only say 1 thing. Try it out lol.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
im getting the same set of headers soon... are they good? ive always heard good things about hedman tough:)

I'm happy with them. Almost 2 years and they haven't changed color. The transfer case side header comes real close to the driveshaft, and I have 12 inch lift. Not sure how it would work with a stock height truck. Maybe the tranny in yours is longer. That would help.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Isnt the E4OD pan bigger then yours?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts