Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I want more power

Can anybody give me some info about some intake manifolds for my 1990 f250 with the efi 460. Im interested in just overall power for a decent price, can anybody shoot some prices of parts and installation. Also i would like to know if i would need to replace any other parts to do this. Can anybody point me in the right direction of a fuel presure regulator and if i would need ann upgraded fuel pump.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Hate to tell ya but you're pretty much s.o.l.

Last I checked nobody made an aftermarket performance intake for the EFI 460, and the other bad news is you can't just swap the manifold for a carb unit as the bolt spacing is completely different. I can't remember if there's a tune out there for the OBD-1 trucks or not. Headers are the same story, looking at over $500 at least for a new set because they're different flanges than the carbed 460s.

So to build any numbers, you'll need either a lot of port work to make the EFI stuff flow how you want, if you're wanting to keep the efi and build from there you're looking into an aftermarket efi intake, carb heads, carb headers, and a cam, everything but the intake will be inexpensive...

I've been where you're at, I sold the efi engine and went with the carbourated 460...

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Luckily, your 460 is the same as any other 460 aside from the aforementioned parts.

If you're wanting a cam, you'll be wasting money if you don't upgrade the intake and exhaust, your heads in their current form are extremely restrictive. Either spending money getting them to flow decent numbers or doing like I already mentioned and ditching the factory EFI in favor of an aftermarket EFI or a carbourated system to gain the advantages of the older style heads.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts