Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

460 Peformance module/chip/programmer?

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Hey guys,

I am looking to get more power out of my 1997 460. I can only find a module made by Jet Performance that fits the 460. I would prefer a plug in with a monitor, but can't seem to find anything else but the lone module. Anyone have any ideas or know of other manufacturers that may have something?

460Trucker

Forgot to mention I have to OBD 1 plug.

460Trucker

Good point, the more research I have done, it seems like that Jet product is a POS. My Flowmaster made a huge difference in acceleration. Maybe there will be some new headers or camshaft down the road.

460Trucker

I've been very happy with mine, but there was no placebo here. Others noticed the better pickup it had. What kind of exhaust do you run on the flareside?

460Trucker

And for the record...I like a good drone :)

460Trucker

Neat! How are the emissions regulated in TN? Here in MA you can only have an aftermarket exhaust if you meet one of these conditions:

1. The vehicle is 15 years or older
2. The aftermarket exhaust product is manufactured by the manufacturer of the vehicle

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
And for the record...I like a good drone :)

Hey Mike, I had a Gibson's Super Sport Truck exhaust (the stainless one, of course) on one of my trucks and it was narley loud and the drone in the cab was killer, like driving a race truck around all day. Exited in front of the passenger rear wheel like on Chris's truck. Man did it pop when letting of the gas, and yes it was a cat-back exhaust. Anyhow, what I'm saying is a good exhaust is not only better for performance but has the way cool factor! That's why the exhaust was one of the first things I changed on my truck.

460Trucker

Nice! I haven't heard of Gibson (other than the type of guitar the Nuge used :D), but it sounds like they have great products! My exhaust was one of the first things I changed on my vehicle as well.
The sound, the look, the improved performance all make a sweet addition to any truck! Not to mention, it gets the ladies attention ;) . Can't tell you how many times my truck has turned heads, it's a wonder I didn't get a crew cab! :rofl2:

460Trucker

LOL No one is too old to have a droning exhaust!

460Trucker

460Trucker

When I was at the Ted Nugent concert last month, they were selling all kinds of shirts. They only had 2 styles for women. One of them was the picture in my avatar and under it, it said "I love Teddy!" hahaha

460Trucker

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts