Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New mirrors for the truck!

dixie_boysles

Joshua 24:15
MA, NC
New 09+ mirrors are ON! Love the new look! I miss the visibility of the tow mirrors but I didnt have to do anything to pull in my parking space at work this morning!!!! The truck looks a little more balanced too as the towing mirrors were kinda gaudy on the truck.

The front little clear reflector is actually LED turn signals as well. I thought it was just a reflector when I bought them like OEM ones and I was gonna paint it black, but since its also a turn signal, Ill leave it alone :) Very happy with the new look

2012-08-01_18-04-22_769.jpg

2012-08-01_18-04-35_368.jpg

2012-08-01_18-04-42_725.jpg

Another accidental de-mod was my front vanity plate. Wife backed up into the front of my truck the other day and messed the plate up (didnt hurt anything else), but now we are gonna have to get her car a new rear bumper and a dent pulled from her trunk lid FTL... But I like the new look with no front plate!

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Love the new mirrors and the lack of a front plate gives it a cleaner look. A buddy of mine put a set of 08 mirrors on his 01 SuperDuty, changed the whole look of the truck as well. What other plans do you have for exterior asthetics?

dixie_boysles

MA, NC
I am going to paint my black trim with some SEM trim paint and get the front windows tinted and that is about it. It already has the wheels I wanted, new tires, mirrors, bedliner, etc.... So now all I lack is the front window

dixie_boysles

MA, NC
Do you still have the tow mirrors? How much do you want for them? Do you have any pictures?

I do, but they are spoken for. I sold them to a buddy and used that money to buy these mirrors.

Ryan

Those mirrors look awesome ! Just keep your front plate in the cab, if you ever get stopped about it, say you went to a truck show and forgot to put it back on but here's the hardware and plate, sorry officer....

NC dont require front tags, these were just "Ford" vanity plates

dixie_boysles

MA, NC
old mirrors for reference:

2012-06-26_19-18-17_115.jpg

They were just too big and it was a hassle to park, I park between two poles at work and had to pull one in each morning to park. Plus people about took them off going down the road!

I miss them and being able to see EVERYTHING, but I dont miss the hassle of them. Plus they looked gaudy on the truck...too big

2012-06-26_19-18-17_115.jpg

dixie_boysles

MA, NC
lol sorry man, but even with the chome, one can still sand it and get O'Reillsy's to mix u up your paint color in a rattlecan and paint them yourself.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts