Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gen 1 Trucks at Work....Back in the Day

I've been going through some old family slide photos my brother scanned to disks and found the following three photos....They were taken circa 1955 or 56 from our front yard when they were working on a parking lot across the street...They're not much but I thought I'd post em up...

Rt13Box1490012Large.jpg

Rt13Box1490011Large.jpg

Rt13Box1490013Large.jpg

havi

third member
Awesome!!!!

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
This was Grandpa's last dump truck. Might've been a '53, which technically disqualifies it from the thread, but...

IMG_0049.jpg

I don't know the whole history, but he brought it home in pieces sometime in the '70s, put it back together, and used it for hauling and commuting for a number of years. This pic probably dates from circa 1985, and I think it got sold in the early '90s.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
This was Grandpa's last dump truck. Might've been a '53, which technically disqualifies it from the thread, but...

IMG_0049.jpg

I don't know the whole history, but he brought it home in pieces sometime in the '70s, put it back together, and used it for hauling and commuting for a number of years. This pic probably dates from circa 1985, and I think it got sold in the early '90s.

Looks like a '53 and if I'm up on my gen 2's it was a F350 one ton (with those distinctive 6 lug wheels)

I want a dump box like that!!

It's hard to say with any certainty what year it is for sure. It's got the 53-55 cab with a 56 grille and no hood side emblems to give one a clue there. The hood front emblem may be aftermarket or non-stock as I don't recognize it as a Ford part. We'll just call it a cool old Ford dump truck and enjoy. :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts