Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Where to buy Dana Spicer Ujoints

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I'm going to be replacing my ujoints pretty soon and I'd like to replace them with Dana Spicers, but I can't find them in my area. Does anyone know of an online store where I can order them?

Fellro

Staff member
Didn't NAPA used to carry that brand?

Fellro

Staff member
Last edited:

Fellro

Staff member
the Dana logo is generally there though.That diamond with their name in the middle...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I wanted to find a place locally otherwise I would have been looking online more.

Don't matter anymore though cuz I found a driveline shop that has WORLDS of Spicer joints and much more :) So I got my front shaft joints today and changed them out. Going to take my rear shaft to them tomorrow to get balanced and they're going to throw on some new Spicer joints while they're at it ;)

Michigan
broncograveyard.com Swore i saw them there.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Auto Zones around here carry them, I've stuffed them in my Jeep's front axles after snapping them wheeling.

Michigan
Hmm i wonder why those wouldnt work? They are for a ford truck and bronco our year. Well good to know in case i ever need some U joints lol. Il just go to autozone and get em. Good luck man better get those done soon if you need em! lol

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I already put them in yesterday ;)

And I went and dug the boxes out of the trash to get a model number. Spicer P/N 5-792X

That's for my front driveshaft, which I believe is stock. The rear though, I believe is an F250 shaft, put on when the truck was stretched by Centurion. The joints on that one as just a hair larger and a different part number which I don't have with me right now.

Michigan
aaaaaa gotcha, well good job man. Good idea bout the 250 driveshaft, do they use a carrier bearing?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Not all of them. My brother extended cab short bed has a 1 piece driveshaft. But my crew cab short bed has a 2 piece driveshaft with a carrier bearing. The reason I think it's an F250 driveshaft is because I bought a new carrier bearing for it a while back, and F150 carrier bearing, and it was by far too small. Took the shaft to NAPA with me and tried an F250 carrier bearing and it fit like a glove. I know that my driveshaft is not stock from the factory since my truck originally started as a reg cab short bed, and it would be way too long for that ;)

Michigan
Gotcha, makes sense. Well glad ya got it done finally lol.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Did that sound go away?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Haven't tested it yet... I've been kind of hesitant to lock the hubs and drive it on dry pavement... That's not bad for it is it?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts