Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Abandoned Old Truck Breathes New Life.

youtube said:
Uploaded by BillyBobAndCompany on Nov 9, 2010

This 1965 Ford F100 was abandoned on the property I bought about 10 years ago.. We didn't think it would run or anything, as it was pretty rough looking, just sitting under some trees.. It appears to have never been tampered with, and it is all there,. It's a short bed, short wheelbase fleetside Custom Cab, and is worth saving.. We were surprised the engine purrs like a kitten, and doesn't smoke and.. We found out the previous owner was an old man (he died) that changed oil in all his vehicles every 1,000 miles, religiously.. The shifter needs work, and there are no brakes, but we will take care of that at a later date.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Wow, sat for 10 years.....a new battery, tinkering with the carb, some fresh gas and bam! That is awesome. Pretty amazing! It sounds awesome!

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
That's really neat! Got a cool sound to it too.

I ended up with a 65 once for payment on a job. The guy send it wouldn't shift or start. I drove it home after an hour of tinkering. The brakes were the pits , scared the crap out of me.

Fellro

Staff member
Almost had a 64 a while back, but the owner backed out. Wouldn't have come with a title, but I had thought of making a drag truck out of it.

primetime

sawmill slave
Ha! I saw that video about a month ago. Neat stuff. Did you see the one with the old GMC powered by a 4-71 that ran away on start up? One of the guys tried to kill it with a shop rag,:D

Fellro

Staff member
Those darn things will take your fingers off if you don't hold the kill plate right

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
I coulda picked up a rust free 66 F350 for 700 bucks with a bad engine....kinda kick myself for missing that one....

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts