Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

web based training

blacksnapon

Staff member
I just finished some web based training. I've noticed that most (if not all) of the training anymore, is just making sure that you can navigate the workshop manuals properly. Which is kind of strange when you think of the classes that are dedicated to showing you that the books aren't always right.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
The workshop manuals are starting to get better but not perfect yet. Thats all it's really about now is being able to use the books. I think it's because alot of people don't use the books, atleast half the people I work with like to wing it, then when all else fails mabe get the book out unless i've told them the answer by then.

blacksnapon

Staff member
The workshop manuals are starting to get better but not perfect yet. Thats all it's really about now is being able to use the books. I think it's because alot of people don't use the books, atleast half the people I work with like to wing it, then when all else fails mabe get the book out unless i've told them the answer by then.
I have a computer program that makes it easy to find special tools, but you still need the tool number. They will come to me wanting help finding a tool. I'll ask, "whats the tool number?" response...."I dont know"....question......"what does the WSM say to use?".....response....."I dont use the books!"

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I have a computer program that makes it easy to find special tools, but you still need the tool number. They will come to me wanting help finding a tool. I'll ask, "whats the tool number?" response...."I dont know"....question......"what does the WSM say to use?".....response....."I dont use the books!"

Gotta love it. People always come to me for answers so the nice guy I am usually will help them, but what do I get out of the deal? Not a thing, I think I should be paid the diag time, but that'll never happen, so now if I usually wait awhile before helping, like to watch people who have no clue suffer, then i'll let them know after an hour or so.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts