Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

ideas for building my 351w

hey this is my first post but i have a 351w block thats at the shop getting bored out .030 over right now that im building from the ground up for a mud truck ideas for what to do would be appreciated. expense isnt too much of an issue but reasonable priced options wud be nice lol

A cast 393 or 408 stroker rotating assembly and RHS iron heads, with the basic block reconditioning and an appropriate intake and cam you would have a 400hp/500tq beast for about $3500.

im definately goin carb cant wait for the day when i get to cut all that efi crap out im thinkin a 675 truck avenger carb but any ideas on cams?

The cam should be the last component selected because selecting the right one depends entirely on what other components are on and in the motor.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
What Paul said.....cam choice is done after everything else has been selected. This way you can purchase one off the shelf or one made that will bring everything together and make it a great performer.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts