Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

EMERGENCY HELP Section

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
I am also a member over at TDG (The diesel garage) even though I don't own a diesel anymore.

They have a neat Forum for emergency help. I think it includes a pin map etc of users locations and "How" ie:shop, tools, labor etc...they could help if a member broke down somewhere and needed help.

As this forum continues to grow and we get members outside of the original core (and geographically close) maybe it would be nice to get a pinmap feature or something similar to TDG for help if you are on the road. And HOW you can help. I mean I can assist like a monkey and hand someone tools, but that may be all they need is an extra hand to get back on the road.

What you guys think?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Great idea. I'd love to have a pinmap of all the users and reputable shops. Even though there won't be much out here in CA :p

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
neat idea.

when you say pinmap, do you mean one of those deals where members type in thier city/state and everyone has their own pin labeled?

The idea has merit. I'm just not sure how to go forward if we decided to.

Ryan

Fellro

Staff member
There are several forums I am on that have such on them, actually just read an update on one that I recently hooked up with and put my name on the list..

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
when you say pinmap, do you mean one of those deals where members type in thier city/state and everyone has their own pin labeled?

The idea has merit. I'm just not sure how to go forward if we decided to.

Ryan

I think they do use google maps. I'll look into it and get back to you.

I am on several frapper maps (different forums).

My car club is listed in the NSRA friends thing. It lists each of us, our telephone numbers, and the towns where we live. Break down near one of the NSRA members and just give them a call. I should get a copy when the next one is printed.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
On another site, under a section (like Missouri :) ) the admin of the section has a list of names and locations for just such a situation. When someone's in trouble, they PM the section admin and he'll put them in contact with the nearest person. It's a LONG way to do it though.

I like the Frappr map idea.

Fellro

Staff member

Fellro

Staff member
oops, forgot all about having to log in... it is a frappr map...
Essentially, everyone posts pertinent info, how to contact, what you can supply as in skills, tools, shop... don't have to give full address, just area.
Name:
City, State
Phone=cell, landline
Email
Whacha got: =shop, way to pull 5er or gn or??????tools??? etc
Whatcha can do to help
Recomendations to a good shop
how far can ya go to help.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali

I agree Tom. I just checked it out and it looks pretty easy to set up and navigate. I was gonna set one up for here but I didn't want to step on anyones toes. Looks like you can even have an icon link for the homepage that would point people to it.

Maybe add a EMERGENCY HELP section to the forums and put the link in a locked thread.

Just tossing around some ideas.

smiliegitrdone

Aaron that would be great of you to do, in my opinion. while I can't spead for the others, I do know any help is usually appreciated.
Plus the Frapper map can be posted here; R would just have to have the html copy to place it, and it would automatically update.
great idears!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts