Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

FTF's 5th Birthday

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
In the world wide interwebs, forums start every day, and a vast majority of the time, they soon fail. Building a membership is the most challenging and vital part of starting an internet forum. On January 23, 2007, Scott flipped the switch on our host's server and vbulletin was installed.

For a little inside baseball, I thought the membership would get a kick out of an old story. In January 2007, a few guys from Missouri decided we needed our own safe spot that a crazy admin couldn't kick us off of (now some would argue we are crazy admins :D). For a short while we were cloistered on a free internet forum site. Scott, Brad, & I were kicking around ideas of names to open the legitimate site with. A few names were getting tossed around, then Brad & I logged on to find out that Scott had unilaterally decided we were going with "Ford Truck Fanatics." :rofl:

Ever since then, the site has done nothing but grow. We wanted to personally thank each and every one of you for coming to our site so often. It feels like another family every time we log on. In the world of internet forums, membership is the single most important thing. I have never been on a forum that feels as friendly and welcoming as this one, and we wanted to thank all of you for your part in that.

Happy birthday, FTF!

Ryan

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I heart FTF...it's more than a forum, it's part of my life.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
This is a place that I'm so glad I found. Being surrounded by horse people, I needed a place where I could share my passion of owning an old Ford! I look forward each and every day to all the postings, which are both informative and lately some very funny. I'm coming up to a year now since I joined and it's nice to start developing first name bases :) I can honestly say that my Facebook account has been dormant since joining, and I call this proudly my new home. Thanks to each and all of you.
Roy

I also am very glad i found and joined this forum - you guys are great and i have and am enjoying all of your company and am very impressed with the welcoming environment and helpful information that this site provides .... plus i am getting to experience a whole new culture and meet some fantastic people online - like roy said who needs facebook.

Happy birthday FTF

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
5 years... Glad I could be here to cause trouble in at least 3 of them. :rofl2:

It is a great site, and I gotta agree with Ben, it's part of my life... Don't know what I would do without it.

And on behalf of all of us, thank you to Scott, Brad, and Ryan for providing us with such a great outlet for our knowledge, friendship and shenanigans.

Last edited:

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Damn has it been 5 years already! seems like just....well 5 years ago! LOL Glad to be a part no matter how small it is!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
5 years... Glad I could be here to cause trouble in at least 3 of them. :rofl2:

It is a great site, and I gotta agree with Ben, it's part of my life... Don't know what I would do without it.

And on behalf of all of us, thank you to Scott, Brad, and Ryan for providing us with such a great outlet for our knowledge, friendship and shenanigans.

Agreed 100%. It is nice to have a professionally run site that allows some leeway for shenanigans that is all in good taste, and size doesn't matter!

Thank You, admins, moderators, commies, etc.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Thanks for creating a (mostly) commie-free unterweb forum family that all can enjoy! :D Here's to another 5 years.

Well congrats on 5.

I don't know whether this means anything or not but FTF has been the home page for all the browsers I use, on 5 separate Hard drives that have contained an O/S,kinda like the other site did at one time

A huge feat to say the least,IMHO

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Damn Doc, I think you're confused...[confused] ..This is FTF's anniversary thread, not your wedding anniversary thread...:slap: ...Sheesh!!! 'smiliedoh'

Hell I been married longer than that! LOL NOW THAT FEELS LIKE 50 years! LMAO

Speak for yourself... :wasntme:

Ryan

No need to brag. Only sets you up for failure later!:headbang:

Fellro

Staff member
Wow, it doesn't seem that long ago.. I like that the atmosphere has been kept friendly, not so much of a peeing contest all the time. Still have some growing to do, as not every aspect of the trucks are well covered, but it is coming.

Man..a fast 5 yrs..Happy Birthday.
I have to disagree though..there are WAY TOO MANY commies.

BIGRED911

Charter Member
You Meen its been 5 years since the other site kicked the whole Missouri chapter out? Wow look what happens when ya Piss off a few Missouri boys!! Glad to be a part in it...its more than a site here, more like a (very?) Dysfunctional family!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts