Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Vehicle info and E-Brake cable

Hi everyone. I have information following the VIN on my 62 F250 4X4 I need to decipher. The info is Trans F and Axle 24B I would like to find out what they are. I believe the rear axle is a Dana 44 and the gear ratio is 4:55 to 1 by what the tag numbers say on the differential. 41/9.

I am also trying to locate a replacement E-Brake cable from the handle inside the cab to the rear connection for the rear cables. Many vendors and vintage parts company have told me that they no longer stock this cable and some have stopped production. Are there interchangeable cables from other Ford trucks of maybe the mid to late 60's that may work?

I appreciate any information to help me out.
Thanks

Matt did you happen to get anywhere with the e-brake cable. I'm looking for one on my 61. The cable that goes from the linkage to the hub.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
I figured Bill would be on this, sorry Matt! Trans F is T98A Warner four spd. The axle code is 24 - 4.55:1 rear axle B is 4.55:1 front axle.

Mac's Antique Auto Parts (online) shows the front cable for your truck. pn C1TT-2853-AA for $56.95 in their latest paper catalog.

Hi everyone. I have information following the VIN on my 62 F250 4X4 I need to decipher. The info is Trans F and Axle 24B I would like to find out what they are. I believe the rear axle is a Dana 44 and the gear ratio is 4:55 to 1 by what the tag numbers say on the differential. 41/9.

I am also trying to locate a replacement E-Brake cable from the handle inside the cab to the rear connection for the rear cables. Many vendors and vintage parts company have told me that they no longer stock this cable and some have stopped production. Are there interchangeable cables from other Ford trucks of maybe the mid to late 60's that may work?

I appreciate any information to help me out.
Thanks

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts