Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

WooHoo - We Now Have An Excursion Forum!!!

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Way cool.... a forum just for Excursions and Excursion owners.

Actaully, just wanted to be the first to post in this forum.

Welcome to all.....

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
So, since I got a cap on the back of mine, am I not close to an excursion? I got the bed carpeted too!

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
So, since I got a cap on the back of mine, am I not close to an excursion? I got the bed carpeted too!

Sorry.... Excursion owners are a breed all to our own. We are an extinct group too.... we're driving collector trucks... I mean SUV's... I mean "buses".

But we'll be your friend... but the extra weight in the back-end of an Excursion allows us or gives us better winter/snow traction than an empty pick-up.

Plus my Excursion is not a "8 person" truck it is a "1 man 7 women" truck... beats your pick-up any day huh???

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
But we'll be your friend... but the extra weight in the back-end of an Excursion allows us or gives us better winter/snow traction than an empty pick-up.
Who says mine is empty. 400 pound cap, 50 pound NOS bottle and two Optima Yellow tops in Aluminum Taylor Battery Boxes. I got plenty of weight. Plus I usually carry my toolkit, a gallon of anti-freeze, a gallon of oil, oil filters, fuel filters, spare CAC connectors and hump hoses, spare clamps and a roll of high-temp duct tape. :D

beats your pick-up any day huh???
Alrighty then, we'll meet at KCIR in Raytown on opening Test n' tune night and race for pinks.:nana: I always wanted one of those busses for the wife.

BTW- I can carry plenty of ladies in the bed. The carpeting is nice and comfy and the cap window comes out. :p

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Who says mine is empty. 400 pound cap, 50 pound NOS bottle and two Optima Yellow tops in Aluminum Taylor Battery Boxes. I got plenty of weight. Plus I usually carry my toolkit, a gallon of anti-freeze, a gallon of oil, oil filters, fuel filters, spare CAC connectors and hump hoses, spare clamps and a roll of high-temp duct tape. :D

Alrighty then, we'll meet at KCIR in Raytown on opening Test n' tune night and race for pinks.:nana: I always wanted one of those busses for the wife.

BTW- I can carry plenty of ladies in the bed. The carpeting is nice and comfy and the cap window comes out. :p

OK... you win and no way am I racing for pinks.

Wow... I'll have to bring the sife and try out that carpeting in the rear of your truck... never done it there before... but the rear seat of my Excursion is a lot softer.

blacksnapon

Staff member
I'll have to take out both of you with my ranger!

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
I'll run over your ranger with my 01 Excursion....lol "Honey....did you feel something? Must be those Missouri pot holes..." lol

Now that is funny... now where is the nearest alignment shop... I think it is the Missouri alignment shop owners that pay the state to make the roads so bad... there has to be a reason considering they get all that riverboat gambling and it is sure not going to the schools or roads... so where is it going????

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
OK... you win and no way am I racing for pinks.
Wuss! :cooldude:

Wow... I'll have to bring the sife and try out that carpeting in the rear of your truck... never done it there before... but the rear seat of my Excursion is a lot softer.
I got another one better on that Ex. :) I have tie downs in the bed. :rofl: Also, the rear seat in the crew cab is nice as well. :)

Thanks to an invite - I'm here too :)

Maybe we can have a legitimate place to go for a while before the bashers and haters get here :)

Guess that's the way of our country now though...
if ya can't win - bash and gripe....

OH - guess I'm bashing and griping aren't I :) :)

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Thanks to an invite - I'm here too :)

Maybe we can have a legitimate place to go for a while before the bashers and haters get here :)

Guess that's the way of our country now though...
if ya can't win - bash and gripe....

OH - guess I'm bashing and griping aren't I :) :)

Something tells me that "bashers, haters and trolls" will not last long here... if I have anything to say with it.

Welcome... aren't Excursions the best? I now have 90,000 miles on my 2003 and I try like heck to babby it so I can enjoy it for another 200,000 miles (I have the 6.0L PSD)... so it is possible. I love the room and carrying capacity for friends, kids, dog and "junk" in general.

Blows a Suburban away for style, power, safety and towing.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts