Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

So you think you know your car trivia?

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Take the test.

http://stevelyon.com/quiz.html

I got 96 out of 100. I missed the model on #8, make and model on #9, and the author is wrong on the make of #35. :headbang:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
well I guess I'll have to try at least... here goes nothing.

Just looked at it... yeah. Screw that. I commend you Ernie for doing that well. I haven't even seen half of those cars in my life, most likely.

Ryan

Fellro

Staff member
77 here...

polarbear

Boring, Oregon
well I guess I'll have to try at least... here goes nothing.

Just looked at it... yeah. Screw that. I commend you Ernie for doing that well. I haven't even seen half of those cars in my life, most likely.

Ryan

With a few exceptions, I bet you have. We see more older Detroit iron out here because the bodies/frames last longer, but when I was a kid I could spot the make/model/year of almost everything on the road.

If it makes you feel better, I failed the new vehicle test miserably. To me, they all look alike anymore. :(

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I failed 'em both miserably.

I can sit by the side of the road and name probably 95 percent of the vehicles that go past, make and model, though.

Fellro

Staff member
I recognized most of them right off, a few I couldn't say what they were but had seen such. Many were popular muscle cars... I own a or have owned a number of them, so that made it a little easier...

damn....i did miserably. 51/100. i need bigger pics

76/100.

WTF is the Studebaker???
Sheesh.... Kids.

Studebaker entered the automotive business in 1902 with electric vehicles and 1904 with gasoline vehicles, and it partnered with other builders of gasoline-powered vehicles until 1911. In 1913, Studebaker introduced the first gasoline-powered automobiles under its own “Studebaker” brand to name. Acquired in 1954 by Packard Motors Company of Detroit, Michigan, Studebaker was a division of the Studebaker Packard Corporation from 19571962. In 1962, it reverted to its previous name, the Studebaker Corporation. While the company left the automobile business in 1966, Studebaker survived as an independent closed investment firm until 1967 (when it merged with Worthington to become Studebaker-Worthington Corp.)

37studebaker1.jpg

1951:
1951-Studebaker-Commando-green-fa-le.jpg

1960:

Studebaker-Lark1960b.jpg

1966:

1963-1966-studebaker-wagon-4.jpg

Well, you've seen one of the worst in the studebaker, lol. But here is the Hudson Hornet, 1954:

1954HudsonSuperWaspConvertible-a.jpg

The Desoto: 1952 and 1957 repsectively:

52desoto26768-1.jpg
1957desoto2drht2.jpg

deso5701.JPG

Desoto Execs in 1957 had so given up hope on making the GRILL of their car acceptable visually that they took 90% of the promotional shots from the side or the rear~!

Neighbor used to take us to school in one of these, a 41 plymouth staff car:
staffcar-41plymouth.jpg

And let's not forget FORD'S contribution to the pile...
EDSEL.jpg

polarbear

Boring, Oregon
But, one of these is in the Smithsonian. For 1953, this was a stunning design.

stu53red.jpg

In 1963, Studebaker introduced the Avanti. Too little, too late to save the company, but Raymond Loewy designed some beautiful, trend-setting cars.

1963_Studebaker_Avanti.JPG

Good pics:)
I wasn't including ALL the studebakers as ugly, lol...
And that lower pic looks amazingly similar to the Javelin!
69_bbo_javelin_ebay_tracking.jpg

Last edited:

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Sheesh.... Kids.

Studebaker entered the automotive business in 1902 with electric vehicles and 1904 with gasoline vehicles, and it partnered with other builders of gasoline-powered vehicles until 1911. In 1913, Studebaker introduced the first gasoline-powered automobiles under its own “Studebaker” brand to name. Acquired in 1954 by Packard Motors Company of Detroit, Michigan, Studebaker was a division of the Studebaker Packard Corporation from 19571962. In 1962, it reverted to its previous name, the Studebaker Corporation. While the company left the automobile business in 1966, Studebaker survived as an independent closed investment firm until 1967 (when it merged with Worthington to become Studebaker-Worthington Corp.)

I know what a Studebaker is, I wasn't sure of the model :D (I'm more interested in an old '46 Studebaker P/U over by my College).

I got 35/100 on the new car quiz, I knew most of the brands just didn't have a clue when it came to the name of the cars...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts