Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What gives with "REDUCED ENGINE POWER LIGHT?"

We have a 2010 F-450 ambulance that has 5,961 miles on it. The REDUCED ENGINE POWER LIGHT HAS COME ON. Why is this and what can I do to correct the problem.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Reduced engine power is a factory feature... only remedy is to replace it with a 6.7L PowerStroke or a Duramax :rofl2: :rofl2:

Seriously though, if that's possible for me, The REP light means that the computer has reduced te power output of the engine (duh) usually because it detects overheating or something. One of our more brilliant members may know if there is a TSB on the light too, or something...

blacksnapon

Staff member
We have a 2010 F-450 ambulance that has 5,961 miles on it. The REDUCED ENGINE POWER LIGHT HAS COME ON. Why is this and what can I do to correct the problem.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
An ambulance Is more likely to experience this because of the extensive idle time. Idling increases the DPF plugging. It might not be a bad idea to schedule regular "manual regens" at the dealer or periodically take them out for a "WOT" heating up.

Late response to our post, but the next day I started it up and no warning message. Also took it out for a long hard run and didn't have any warnings or reduced power. Problem has gone away.

Thanks for the responses.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts