Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lookout for Multi-Forum Scammer

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I haven't seen anything on here about this guy, so I figured I'd make a thread so y'all can be in the loop and watch out for suspicious ads on the forums you may be a member on. Not sure where this should go, so if mods could move it to the appropriate forum, it would be greatly appreciated. Apparently, a young kid is going around listing numerous items for sale on just about every off road forum he can log on to. Most notably the item has been a set of off-road racing shocks, and I believe most of the other items have to do with off road racing as well. Of course, he does not have the said item, and is stealing the item pictures from old ads and Google image searches. A few members of different forums have sent him money via Paypal for the items, and now a forum wide manhunt for him has ensued. He has gone around tantalizing each forum, including finding personal info on Moderators and then threatening to steal their identity and ruin their credit, etc etc etc. He holds himself very high, but this will be his downfall. A few members on different forums have traced his IP and found multiple possible addresses, however they can't verify if these are accurate as he often uses Proxy Servers to hide like a little coward. He most often goes by multiple names, such as Ryan Shepherd and Scott Pace. However he could have even more. There are threads about this on just about every off road forum known to man, so finding exact info isn't hard. I would post links to threads, but some of the language used by members isn't necessarily family friendly, and I don't think it would look good for this site. Basically we all just need to be on the lookout for suspicious classified ads. This is another reminder that you really have to watch yourself on the internet. Apparently the ads look like any normal ad, however his requests over PM and phone are the red flags, such as him wanting payment to be transferred as a gift on Paypal, and etc. A few members have inquired about the items, only to learn of his history, in which they then proceeded to give him an earful over the phone. He then proceeds to use some kind of internet software to bomb your phone number with texts or calls. He's an immature child, who has absolutely made a huge mistake. There are numerous folks patiently waiting for him to make that one mistake that nets them his address. So be on the lookout for any too good to be true deals, you never know when he may decide to start scamming people out of Dentside or 9th gen parts as well.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I'm going to copy this post into the classified area. Thank you for the heads up!

By the way, paragraphs are your friend. :rofl:

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts