Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Door Ajar (Not Really)

The other day, i went to open the drivers side back door on the explorer. The door opended partly (like it was closed, but not all the way, you know, it happens when you close it and don't put enought force behind it) I pulled up on the handle, but the door wouldn't open. I pushed the door closed, then opened it. No problem. When i got in later to leave the door ajar light came on and didn't go off. it says the door is open but its closed all the way. whats wrong? I had that issue a few years ago, but after a few weeks i slammed the door, and it seemed to be fixed. whts wrong and how do i fix it thanks guys jdk

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Try spraying the latch mechanism liberally with WD-40.

The switch is part of the latch, and they tend to gum up and stick- it's often kind of a short-term fix...but it's quick and easy.

i don't have any WD-40, but i'll pick some up and try it. Ill let you know what happens

i sprayed it with pb blaster and cycled it. it works great now. thanks for the help, but i do have another question

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts