Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

question

so my truck atarted making this wierd noise when it downshifted to 1st gear from second.. ecoboost automatic 4X4... I read a bunch of stuff about it on the old site and brought the truck in for service and they re flashed the computer... now i have a new problem... it used to be that id have a delay of about 5 minutes from the time i killed the ignition if i didnt open the doors to listen to the radio.. since they had it in service now as soon as i kill the ignition, i get a red box in the center of the dash accessories off to save battery... any idea if this is a issue where a preference was changed or something? truck runs and starts fine

blacksnapon

Staff member
so my truck atarted making this wierd noise when it downshifted to 1st gear from second.. ecoboost automatic 4X4... I read a bunch of stuff about it on the old site and brought the truck in for service and they re flashed the computer... now i have a new problem... it used to be that id have a delay of about 5 minutes from the time i killed the ignition if i didnt open the doors to listen to the radio.. since they had it in service now as soon as i kill the ignition, i get a red box in the center of the dash accessories off to save battery... any idea if this is a issue where a preference was changed or something? truck runs and starts fine
Possibility of resetting the accessory delay relay. ICM (instrument cluster module) is reprogrammable as well.

blacksnapon

Staff member
As far as the shifting, give it time, it has adaptive learning. It could take a couple of weeks to "learn" your driving style.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts