Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

testing OEM Ford panels against aftermarket

blacksnapon

Staff member

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
That was actually a very interesting video. It's good info. I have been kicking around the idea of rebuilding the whole front clip of my old truck and that shines a whole new light on my plans.

Ryan

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I have always adhered to the rule of using OEM parts...cool video Vince, thanks for posting!

Very good video - i guess we the consumer need to ask what price we put on safety and should be asking ... no forcing our insurance companies to stop the repair shops using cheap and unsafe replacement parts - using this video proves that it's false economy anyway.

One thing i noticed is that you guys have much cheaper labour rates for paint and panel than us - most shops out here don't charge less than $60.00/hour.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Very good video - i guess we the consumer need to ask what price we put on safety and should be asking ... no forcing our insurance companies to stop the repair shops using cheap and unsafe replacement parts - using this video proves that it's false economy anyway.

One thing i noticed is that you guys have much cheaper labour rates for paint and panel than us - most shops out here don't charge less than $60.00/hour.

And to add to this. Using aftermarket parts and charging for OEM! Are the sensors themselves also available as aftermarket? Scary thought.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts