Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Testing fuel injectors

Ok so replace 2,3&8 like the mechanic said and still nothing happened. Something is still going on. So is there a way I can test each injector??

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
How did he come to that diagnosis?

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
thats what i've been wondering the whole time.. the easiest way is to disconnect the electrical on them and see if it runs different in the same way as disconnecting plug wires...

How did he come to that diagnosis?

He checkd all the compression and hooked it up to the scanner. He must have ran some form of testing on them since he told me it was 2,3&8. I'm thinking maybe since he didn't do the work and one of his workers did maybe they got crossed up on the numbers. Who knows maybe it was actuLly 5,6&4 who knows. So I wanna test them all to see if any are bad. I was reading and it said I could use a ohm meter to test it. How many ohms should it read in Order to be good?

Ok so replace 2,3&8 like the mechanic said and still nothing happened. Something is still going on. So is there a way I can test each injector??

I found this guy on the net when i first got my truck and he has a real interesting article describing how to test and clean your injectors - one day i reckon i will build this kit once i have completed all those 1/2 finished projects scattered across the workshop.

http://www.rowand.net/Shop/Tech/DIYFuelInjectorCleaning.htm

Cheers Mark

Last edited:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Yes use an ohm tester. I'm not sure what the correct ohms are for your truck. A compression test doesn't show if an injector is working so I hope he did more then just that :). There is a test on some scanners to fire eash injector so hopefully he did that. It would suck he they gave you the wrong numbers lol

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts